Question about Royal Office Equipment & Supplies

1 Answer

Where can I buy a drive belt for a royal typewriter cavalier 1000 series

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.

  • Master
  • 1,218 Answers

Try giving Royal a call at 1-800-524-0799 and see if they can help.

Posted on Sep 02, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Looking for a drive belt for a Royal Academy model number 51212525 typewriter

Royal belts aren't made but if yoy have o good hardware store you can get a long "O" ring and it will work.


Aug 20, 2015 | Royal Office Equipment & Supplies

1 Answer

Royal typewriter drive belt

The belts are no longer made but if you have a good hardware store (not a big box store) you can get a long "O" ring that will work. The ribbons are pretty common I have them in stock.


Jun 30, 2014 | Office Equipment & Supplies

1 Answer

Royal typewriter drive belt and ribbon for 44212520

We should have a belt in stock for this model and ribbon as well. The ribbons is a standard one we refer to as a T-5 (General Ribbon product), this ribbon has an eyelet at both ends of the ribbon which is designed to activate the ribbon reverse. I you need to reach us for further assistance you can reach us at (561) 439-7766.

Jun 30, 2014 | Royal 1980s Academy Electric Portable...

1 Answer

Royal typewriter drive belt

Knowing that those haven't been built in many years, I'd first try to source it from antique dealers (not the 'junk shops' that call themselves antique shops) They typically have a decent list of places to get parts for such machines.
If that doesn't pan out and you have the actual broken belt you could do a measure (around the belt the width and the height (and if a 'v' the approx. angle of the 'V") and see if you can have Gates make you one. (this will not be cheap).

Nov 21, 2013 | Office Equipment & Supplies

1 Answer

Broken drive belt on royal aristocrat portable electric typewriter

Looks like almost none of those answerers even read the question.

Aug 26, 2012 | Royal Vintage Aristocrat Portable...

2 Answers


Is your typewriter made by Royal or Brother? I think your question was mis-posted under Brother as opposed to Royal. IF your machine is a Royal, Brother will NOT be able to help you. THIS GOES FOR EITHER MANUFACTURER...Have you inspected the platen drive gear? Is it cracked, missing teeth or otherwise damaged? If not look on both sides of the typewriter for the drive motor. Look to see if the gear mates with the motor.

Jan 23, 2008 | Royal Satellite 80 Typewriter

Not finding what you are looking for?
Office Equipment & Supplies Logo

Related Topics:

336 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Royal Office Equipment & Supplies Experts

James Cagle
James Cagle

Level 2 Expert

478 Answers


Level 3 Expert

81294 Answers

Adorjani Laszlo

Level 3 Expert

1297 Answers

Are you a Royal Office Equipment and Supply Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides