Question about Xerox Phaser 8400 Laser Printer
Please check if slither of wax is blocking the wax hole. To check this take the front panel off, 2 screws from the back to release sides then unplug the wax stick holder. Check the hole & remove slither of wax from there. If it is clean then check if the ink sticks are properly inserted. The error occurs when the sticks doesn't touch the sensor. Make sure you are using the original Xerox sticks, if not then I'll suggest you to but them.
Also try this reset procedure, this may resolve the issue if it is not a hardware issue.
1) Press and hold the red button (info button) and the “OK” button simultaneously. This should take you into the Service Tools menu.
2) When in the Service Tools menu, scroll down to the “Enter Diagnostics” menu. Select the “OK” button. It will go through some cycling at this time for about 2 minutes. The screen may go blank a few times too.
3) It then asks for a confirmation, select “ok” again. The printer will go through a minute of rebooting. The screen may go blank a few times too. You are waiting for the diagnostic menu with the Test #00 “no test selected”
4) At this point hit the down arrow button until you reach the test #76. Select “OK”
5) It will ask for a confirmation. Select “OK” to confirm.
6) Then hit the down arrow button again and select the next test #75. Select “OK”
7) It will ask for a confirmation. Select “OK” to confirm.
8) Then hit the up arrow until you go over test 100 to test 01. “Exit diagnostics.”Select “OK”.
9) It will ask for a confirmation. Select “OK” to confirm.
10) At this time the printer will again reboot for several minutes & then should come up to a ready to print.
If the above reset procedure doesn't work then try another reset procedure to clear the fault. Before the Xerox logo centers press and hold the back and help buttons.
Once the machine displays beginning service mode release the buttons and it will reboot.
Once it boots up in service mode scroll to the FUNCTION menu and enter.
Now scroll to the CLEAR ISC FAULT and enter to reset.
Hope this helps... If it does please do not forget to accept the solution or post back for assistance.
Posted on Aug 07, 2010
Thanks for using FixYa.
Sounds like you have a printer head problem for the other colors. The printer head for the black, cyan and magenta color is probably busted this is why you are only seeing color yellow because the only good printer head left is for yellow. You can try to have your printer checked if its cheap enough to replace the heads but I think that you'll probably be better off buying a new printer... you can get a good quality printer for just under $100.
I hope this helps. Thanks and good day.
Posted on Aug 06, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 21, 2011 | HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 06, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 12, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
May 02, 2011 | Lexmark Prospect Pro205 Wireless...
Nov 26, 2010 | HP DeskJet F380 All-In-One Printer
Sep 12, 2009 | Epson Stylus Pro 4800 InkJet Printer
Jul 17, 2009 | HP Photosmart C4580 All-in-One InkJet...
May 27, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
May 12, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP4000 InkJet Photo Printer
Dec 12, 2008 | Kodak 5500 ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER
35 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!