Question about Computers & Internet
1. Insert your WindowsXP disk into an optical drive and boot up your computer.
2. When you see a welcome screen, hit the R key on your keyboard. This will enter you into recovery mode black screen like DOS
3. Now type chkdsk /p and hit Enter. This will launch a utility which will check for errors on your hard drive.
4. After the process is done, type fixboot and hit Enter to repair any damaged boot files which may have become corrupted.
When asked to say yes or no, type the Y key on your keyboard.
5. Type exit and press the Enter key to reboot your computer.
Please post the outcome if issue persist. Rate accordingly if issue has resolved.
Posted on Apr 27, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 29, 2011 | Gateway GM5045E (RBGM5045E) PC Desktop
Sep 25, 2011 | IBM ThinkPad T42 Laptop
May 23, 2011 | Dell Computers & Internet
Aug 23, 2010 | Hitachi hts548080m9at00 80 GB Hard Drive
Nov 19, 2009 | Dell Latitude D600 Notebook
Oct 18, 2009 | Gateway MT6705 Notebook
Sep 29, 2009 | Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
Dec 29, 2008 | IBM ThinkPad 600E 2645 Notebook
Dec 11, 2008 | Dell Inspiron 300M Notebook
Oct 18, 2008 | Computers & Internet
58 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!