Question about Dell Vostro 1014 Laptop Computer
If you wish to FORMAT your hard drive so you can re install the OS.
Put your Windows disc into the CD/DVD drive, boot the computer and press F2 (if that does not work try CTRL+ALT and enter) to enter the bios. Change the boot order to boot from the CD drive first.
Follow the onscreen instructions to Install the OS, you should get the option to delete the existing partitions and then to FORMAT.
Posted on Aug 06, 2010
I cant setup any operating system
when i try to get setup then
it take a lot of time
but not take any setup.
plz help me.
Posted on Jan 10, 2014
a Dell Vostro to the factory settings allows the user to restore the
Dell Vostro to the original operating condition as if it was just
taken out of the box. Dell system includes a restore utility called 'Dell Symantec System Restore' to reset or restore your Dell system to factory setting.
Step 1: Before reset any Dell Vostro laptop, backup your all important data and programs, otherwise you may lose it. It is recommended to use an external storage device for your entire data backup, so that you couldn't lose it in any sudden occurring issue...
Step 2: Remove any other unnecessary external drive and restart your Dell Inspiron laptop.
Step 3: Press 'F8' key continue until 'Advanced Boot Options' wouldn't be appear.
Step 4: Use your keyboard arrow key to select 'Repair Your Computer' from the list and hit 'Enter'.
Step 5: Now click 'Next' and login as the administrator account.
Step 6: Click 'Dell Factory Image Recovery and Data Safe options', select your language option and click 'Next'.
Step 7: Click the check box 'Yes, reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition' and click 'Next' to start Dell Vostro reset process...
This process will erase all your previous changes that have been made to the Dell Vostro laptop and reset the configuration settings to factory setting.
Feel free to get technical assistance for all type of Dell laptops(Vostro, Latitude,Inspiron...etc..) at http://www.vtechsquad.com/dell-support/
Posted on Sep 26, 2012
Sir plz help me dell vostro 1014 format 39min & hanging problem. after 10 min laptop automatick restart. plz plz plz help me
Posted on Mar 24, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: dell vostro 1014 admin password
IF you speak about Windows admin password
You can try these solutions
Try to boot into safe mode by pressing F8, and removing/resetting your password there.
you can try a program like this
Repairing the windows with some tweaks;)
Place your Windows XP CD in your cd-rom and start your computer (it’s assumed here that your XP CD is bootable – as it should be - and that you have your bios set to boot from CD)
2. Keep your eye on the screen messages for booting to your cd Typically, it will be “Press any key to boot from cd”
3. Once you get in, the first screen will indicate that Setup is inspecting your system and loading files.
4. When you get to the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER to Setup Windows now
5. The Licensing Agreement comes next - Press F8 to accept it.
6. The next screen is the Setup screen which gives you the option to do a Repair.
It should read something like “If one of the following Windows XP installations is damaged, Setup can try to repair it”
Use the up and down arrow keys to select your XP installation (if you only have one, it should already be selected) and press R to begin the Repair process.
7. Let the Repair run. Setup will now check your disks and then start copying files which can take several minutes.
8. Shortly after the Copying Files stage, you will be required to reboot. (this will happen automatically – you will see a progress bar stating “Your computer will reboot in 15 seconds”
9. During the reboot, do not make the mistake of “pressing any key” to boot from the CD again! Setup will resume automatically with the standard billboard screens and you will notice Installing Windows is highlighted.
10. Keep your eye on the lower left hand side of the screen and when you see the Installing Devices progress bar, press SHIFT + F10. This is the security hole! A command console will now open up giving you the potential for wide access to your system.
11. At the prompt, type NUSRMGR.CPL and press Enter. Voila! You have just gained graphical access to your User Accounts in the Control Panel.
12. Now simply pick the account you need to change and remove or change your password as you prefer. If you want to log on without having to enter your new password, you can type control userpasswords2 at the prompt and choose to log on without being asked for password. After you’ve made your changes close the windows, exit the command box and continue on with the Repair (have your Product key handy).
13. Once the Repair is done, you will be able to log on with your new password (or without a password if you chose not to use one or if you chose not to be asked for a password). Your programs and personalized settings should remain intact.
If your talking about Bios admin pass
You can try these solutions
A program like
Try taking out the CMOS battery for 5 minutes. Reinsert and restart. Enter the BIOS and reset the Time and Date.
Posted on Jan 14, 2010
Make sure that you have the right playback device set as default.
Right click on the speaker icon in the system tray, choose playback device and alter the volume settings there
Posted on Jul 10, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 03, 2016 | Dell Vostro 1014 Laptop Computer (Intel...
Nov 11, 2012 | Dell Vostro 1014 Laptop Computer
Aug 18, 2012 | Dell Vostro 1014 Laptop Computer
Sep 08, 2011 | Dell Vostro 1014 Laptop Computer
Mar 24, 2011 | Dell Vostro 1014 Laptop Computer
Feb 25, 2011 | Dell Vostro 1014 Laptop Computer
Oct 22, 2010 | Dell Vostro 1014 Laptop Computer
Jul 09, 2010 | Dell Vostro 1014 Laptop Computer (Intel...
Jun 27, 2010 | Dell Vostro 1014 Laptop Computer
May 22, 2014 | Dell Vostro 1014 Laptop Computer
3,866 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: