Question about DVD & Blu-Ray Players
1. Make sure the player is switched on, and is at the Samsung logo screen.
2. Also check the tray is shut and that there's no disc in the player.
3. Now press the REPEAT button on the remote, followed by a five digit code.
4. This code is different depending on what region your player is *currently* set to: R1 - 29334 R2 - 38767 R3 - 56732 R4 - 76884 R5 - 53814 R6 - 24462 So for example if you have an R2 player, press REPEAT-3-8-7-6-7.
5. If you've done this correctly (and your player is compatible with the hack), you should see a number at the top left corner of the screen corresponding to the current region.
6. Now, pressing any number from 1 to 6 will change to the corresponding region. Or, press 9 for "auto-region" mode.
7. Next, press OPEN/CLOSE to open the tray, followed by Standby (or DVD POWER) on the remote to close it and put the player into Standby mode.
8. The next time you turn your player on, the new region will be set. Don't forget that if you want to hack it again, you'll need to use a different code, as listed above. If it's currently set to "region 9", use the code for the last *proper* region you set it to.
Multi-Region on a Samsung BD-P1000 R2:
1. Switch on unit
2. Remove any disc
3. Wait fo NO DISC message
4. Press REPEAT on the remote control (NOT REPEAT A-B)
5. Type 57538 followed by the desired region number on the remote control
NOTE: 9 = Multi Region mode
6. Press OPEN/CLOSE on the remote control
Switch unit off
7. Enjoy :0)
Posted on Sep 11, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 21, 2014 | Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-Ray Player
Mar 24, 2011 | Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-Ray Player
Jan 22, 2011 | Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-Ray Player
Sep 17, 2010 | Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-Ray Player
Mar 16, 2010 | DVD & Blu-Ray Players
Mar 15, 2010 | Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-Ray Player
Dec 30, 2008 | Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-Ray Player
Dec 25, 2008 | Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-Ray Player
Jun 27, 2008 | Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-Ray Player
576 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!