- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Be sure you have first set the clock correctly. After setting timer recorder time, channel, speed etc. hit enter to highlight the setting to be sure you have it. Press setup to put you back to tv screen. Then press t-Set button on remote. Unit will automatically shut off and there will be an amber symbol on the unit lcd along with the time. This indicated the unit is in the timer mode. It will automatically turn on and record the program at the set time.
To set record DATE,
press to select:
1~31= one time, or
DAILY= MON~ FRI, or
WEEKLY= same time
each week and
To set remaining items,
to select and
to set START/ STOP times,
CH (channel) or LINE
input (p. 35), and tape
speed (SP, LP, SLP).
to end programming.
To Enter More Programs,
to select and
to set an unused program
number, and then repeat
The “Timer” Indicator lights up on DECK.
• You can do Timer Recording with the power on or off.
• “TIMER REC WILL START SOON” appears on-screen for 2 minutes
before Timer Recording starts. If DECK is in DVD mode, no message
appears, but the VCR REC Indicator, the VCR mode indicator and
“REC” will flash on Multi function Display.
Please follow the instructions below to record from VHS to DVD. You may not be able to record from some pre-recorded VHS cassettes due to copyight protection embedded into the recording. You should stick some tape over the copy-protection tab on cassettes prior to recording if the tab has been removed. On some cassettes, there may be a slide switch which needs to be moved to the record/rec position. All pre-recorded cassettes will have the copy-protection tab removed.
1. Switch on the TV and DVD/VCR and select the correct input on the TV for the player. 2. Set the player for the recording direction, i.e. VCR to DVD . . .
- Press the SETUP key on the Toshiba remote to open the on-screen menu
- Use the UP/DOWN arrow keys to highlight GENERAL SETTING then press ENTER - Use the UP/DOWN arrow keys to highlight RECORDING then press ENTER
- Use the UP/DOWN arrow keys to highlight DUBBINGMODE then press ENTER
- Use the UP/DOWN arrow keys to highlight VCR > DVD then press ENTER - Press the SETUP key again to close the on-screen menu
3. Press VCR to select VCR mode. 4. Insert the cassette you wish to record and fast-forward or rewind it to the position where you want to start recording from. Allow at least 5 seconds extra if not starting the recording from the beginning of a cassette. 5. Press PLAY then press PAUSE immediately. 6. Press DVD to select DVD mode 7. Insert a blank DVD 8. Press the REC MODE button to select the recording mode (XP / SP / LP, etc) 9. Press the DUBBING key to start the recording.
You can watch the VCR while it's recording. When you reach the point where you want the recording to end, press the STOP key. You do not need to repeat step 2 every time you record. The player will stay in VCR > DVD recording mode unless you change it.
Hopefully, you will now be able to record from VCR to DVD. If you need further assistance, please let me know.
You should be able to get into a list of timer recordings by this method:
1 Open “Initial Setup” menu
Press the SETUP button or the TIMER button while the DVD is in
Stop or Play mode.
2 Select “PROG”
Use the ??/?? buttons to highlight “PROG” then press the
3 Select the recording to be deleted
Use the ?? and ??/?? buttons.
Press the ?? button to move to the next setting.
The squares are the arrow keys! You should be able to delete the settings using these keys or some other key.
Next time you set a timer recording make certain you don't set the weekly setting!
You will need to finalize the disc.
Put unit in 'DVD' mode than press 'HOME' on recorders remote than go to 'START-SETUP' go down to the 'DISC' icon press 'right arrow' on remote, highlight 'finalize' and press 'ENTER'.
I had this same problem (DVD1). Resolved as follows: With DVD player on, pointed remote at DVD player, pressed and held the 1 key and then pressed and held the enter key (both at same time) until I saw the DVD1 on the DVD player display disappear. Now everything works.
This is more a work-around than a solution, as the unit is failing to function normally; however, having the identical problem I observed that the unit is failing to power on at 2:00 minutes before beginning recording, a necessary step to record to DVD.
My work-around is the following:
1) Set up the timer, inputting necessary date, time, etc. as normal. With the unit still powered on, start the timed recording mode by pressing timer set, as normal. You will see the red clock icon and the DVD logo iluminate on the VFD.
2) Press the Standby-On power button. This will power the unit on in VCR mode. You should at this time be unable to switch from VCR to DVD mode since the DVD is still in timer mode. LEAVE THE UNIT POWERED ON in this manner. The timer will function and the DVD will record normally.
I have no clue why my unit suddenly forgot how to power up on its own in order to record to DVD. If anyone has an answer for that one please post!
Setting the clock 1. Press SETUP in no disc mode or full stop mode,MENU screen appears on the TV screen. 2. Using v select SETUP MENU, then press ENTER or >, BASIC SETUP is highlighted. 3. Using v to select “Set Clock ”, then press ENTER or >, “Set Clock Setup ”screen appears. 4. Press</>/^/v repeatedly (or numeric buttons) to set the date and time. 5. Press > to select “Done”or“Cancel ”, and then press ENTER , BASIC SETUP returns. 6. To exit, press SETUP. 7. Press POWER to turn off the unit, the clock appears on the VFD display.
link to manual http://www.centrios.com/content/support.aspx?language=en-CA#
First off, be sure that you are on the channel that you want to record!!
Press the setup button, the SETUP menu screen appears.
Select "timer rec set".
Then another screen comes up... select "new"
Enter your times, dates, etc.