Question about Memorex 8x DVD+R Double Layer Media 85GB 120mm Standard 5 Slim Case (05835) 8x Storage Media
Video media is graded by quality when manufactured and you have purchased dvd media from a mfgr that focuses on price versus quality. 10-15% defective dvd media is not uncommon. Sorry but it looks like you got a defective media.
Posted on Aug 19, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
• Do you have any third party CDDVD burning software?
• Are you able to burn DVD's using windows explorer?
First I would suggest that you try burning using another DVD and check if it works.
Try one or more of the following:
Verify that the DVD burner is connected properly to your computer and powered on, and that any necessary software drivers for the DVD burner are installed. You can check your hardware settings in the Device Manager by doing the following:
1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. Click Hardware and Sound.
3. Click Device Manager.
• Make sure that the videos you're trying to burn are not corrupted. To see whether the videos you want to burn is corrupted, try playing or viewing them using Windows Media Player. If the files don't play using the Player, Windows DVD Maker cannot burn them.
• Choose a slower burning speed for your DVD burner by doing the following:
1. Return to the Add pictures and video to the DVD page, and then click Options.
2. In the DVD burner speed box, select Medium or Slow.
Troubleshoot problems with creating a DVD-Video using Windows DVD Maker
Change Windows DVD Maker DVD-Video settings
Check if you are able to burn DVD successfully using Windows Explorer.
Burn a CD or DVD
Check in the event viewer to know the cause of the DVD burning failure and post back with the details.
What information appears in event logs? (Event Viewer)
Hope this helps!
Halima S - Microsoft Support.
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Aug 25, 2011 | Compaq Computers & Internet
Jan 25, 2011 | Sony DRU-800A DVD±RW Dual Layer...
Jan 07, 2011 | Ulead VideoStudio 9
Mar 28, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jan 17, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Jul 21, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Nov 20, 2007 | Computers & Internet
40 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: