Question about LG Microwave Ovens
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
the digital programmer circuit / controller does not get a feedback
signal from the inverter for a period of 3 seconds, the controller will
stop the cook cycle.
In most cases, this is a problem with the inverter or a bad magnetron.
Due to the lethal voltages used and produced, I do not recommend that an inexperienced person work on these.
I would recommend that you contact your nearest Panasonic-authorized servicer.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Aug 02, 2008
What you said about the the clock leads me to suggest that you first unplug it for a few minutes then plug it back in. It may just need a good reset. If you don't have your owner's manual you can download one here: http://www.lge.com/support/manual.jsp The mention of odor concerns me. It may just be a bit of food or grease on the waveguide cover, which is a small sheet or panel on the wall or ceiling of the cooking cavity, but it may indicate the failure of a part in the high voltage section. You may have an intermittent door switch. You can see some of my other responses for info on how to get our important text file that helps you diagnose and repair door switches and gives important safety tips.
Posted on Dec 11, 2006
Disclaimer: I'm a DIYer, not a technician.
Our GE over-the-range microwave stopped producing heat yesterday while warming part of the T-giving feast. Everything else (fan, control panel, light) works fine.
After disassembly and testing last night, I discovered a defective "secondary door switch." Your Kenmore uses a similar switch (~$19 on-line), and that might be the problem. But it also could be other things, such as a bad thermal cut-out.
If you know anyone who's handy with a multimeter, most of the basic diagnostics seem to be pretty straightforward.
Posted on Nov 23, 2007
There is an inline fuse that is accessed by removing the outer casing. Follow the power line in to the magnatron and you should see the fuse. Make sure the fuse that you replace it with is the same as the one you removed. If this doesnt work then the magnatron has gone out.
Posted on Mar 31, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 12, 2015 | LG Microwave Ovens
Dec 15, 2014 | GE Microwave Ovens
Sep 05, 2014 | Microwave Ovens
Jul 29, 2012 | Hotpoint RVM1435 Microwave Oven
Dec 23, 2010 | Microwave Ovens
Feb 25, 2010 | Daewoo KOR-860A Microwave Oven
May 18, 2009 | Kenmore 63252 Microwave Oven
May 10, 2009 | General Electric Microwave Oven
Mar 03, 2008 | Emerson MW8985W Microwave Oven
47 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!