- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Set your new HL-2140 as the default printer. Go to Control Panel, Click Printers and Scanners tab, and set your Brother HL-2140 as your default printer. You may have other printer as the default printer currently. Check your connections again. Connect it to another USB port as the current port might not be responding due to connection contact problem.
You may need to clean the printhead: (make sure you have paper in the tray)
1) Press <Menu>
2) Press <Up> or <Down> arrow to select "Ink" then press <OK>
3) Press <Up> or <Down> arrow to select "Test print" then press <OK>
4) Press <Up> or <Down> arrow to select "Print quality" then press <OK>
5) Press the <Color Start> button. The quality test sheet will be printed. Check this printout for gaps in any of the colors or black in the pattern across the page.
6) The display on the printer will ask if the print quality is OK:
- If all lines are clear and visible, select "Yes"
- If gaps appear in the pattern, select "No"
7) If you select "No" the display asks (in turn) if the print quality is OK for black, and the three colors.
Respond "Yes" or "No" accordingly. (In this manner you may clean just the black or color nozzle that is giving you the problem)
8) The display asks if you want to start cleaning - choose "Yes"
9) After cleaning is finished press the <Color Start> button - the print quality sheet will print again.
At this point you may determine that another cleaning cycle is necessary. You may need to repeat cleanings (up to five times) to resolve the problem. Any more than that indicates a problem that may need brother customer support.
10) When the print quality test sheet meets with your approval, you may exit by pressing <Stop/Exit>