Question about PC Desktops
Did you set up from the CD before you connected the device?
Posted on Apr 26, 2008
Go to control panel, click on network and internet connections
at the bottom of the window click network connections
right-click on local area connection then click properties
in the preview pane select 'internet protocol (TCP/IP)'
make sure that 'obtain an ip address automatically' and 'obtain a dns server address automatically' are both selected then click OK.
Posted on Apr 26, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
May 06, 2014 | Toshiba PC Desktops
Apr 08, 2011 | Dell Dimension 8200 PC Desktop
Hooking up an Xbox with Linksys routers:
Open an Internet Explorer browser page.In the address bar type - 192.168.1.1
Leave username blank & in password use admin in lower case...
Click on "Applications and Gaming" tab and then click on "Port Range Forwarding" subtab...
1) On the first line in Application box type in ABC, in the start box type in 88 and End box type in 88, leave the protocol as both and under ip address type in 192.168.1.20 and check the enable box...
2) On the second line in Application box type in PQR, in the start box type in 3074 and End box type in 3074, leave the protocol as both and under ip address type in 192.168.1.20 and check the enable box...
3) On the third line in Application box type in XYZ, in the start box type in 53 and End box type in 53, leave the protocol as both and under ip address type in 192.168.1.20 and check the enable box and click on Save Settings...
3) Once you return to the set up page click on the Security tab and uncheck Block Anonymous Internet Requests and click on Save Settings...
4) Click on set-up and change the MTU Size to 1452 and click Save Settings...
5) Goto the XBox Network Settings and IP Address Settings and select manual IP Settings and assign the following on your Xbox
IP Address :- 192.168.1.20, Subnet Mask :- 255.255.255.0, Default Gateway :- 192.168.1.1...
6) Also assign the DNS Addresses on the Xbox
Primary dns :- 188.8.131.52...Secondary dns :- 192.168.1.1
7) Turn off your modem, router, and Xbox...Wait for a minute...
8) Plug the modem power first, wait for another minute and plug the router power cable, wait another minute and turn on the Xbox and test it...it will connect...
Dec 02, 2010 | PC Desktops
Mar 22, 2009 | HP Pavilion a1320n (882780261747) PC...
Jan 02, 2009 | PC Desktops
Dec 30, 2008 | Dell Dimension 5100 (D51L1) PC Desktop
Jun 11, 2008 | Belkin PC Desktops
Jun 02, 2008 | PC Desktops
Sep 03, 2007 | HP Pavilion a340n (DQ099AABA) PC Desktop
40 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!