Question about Samsung Cell Phones
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The following is a known process for Samsung phones to unlock the restrictions.
If you want to unlock your phone put a sim from another company then type *#9998*3323# it will reset your phone. Push exit and then push 7, it will reset again. Put your other sim in and it will say sim lock, type in 00000000 then it should be unlocked. Type in *0141# then the green call batton and it's unlocked to all networks. This code may not work on the older phones and some of the newer phones. If it doesn't work you will have to reset your phone without a sim in it by typing *#2767*2878# or *#9998*3855# (not tested)
If this doesn't work you will need to post the IMEI number which is located under the battery for further help.
Thank you for stopping by Fixya! Please leave a positive rating if this solution has helped you.
Posted on Mar 15, 2009
If you forgot your phone code, there is no way to get to your contact list....well, there is no risk free way to get to it. There is a utility (Samsung Code Reader) that you can use which will pull your code from the phone when it is attached by USB to a computer. But beware, as these applets are on sharing websites, so there is no tell if any of them are tainted with viruses.
Otherwise, if you are willing to forego your contact list, then you can hard reset your phone by following these steps:
A couple of things to mention:
1. This fix is NOT for unlocking the network (to use on other carriers), but rather this is for a 4-8 digit phone privacy lock that you may have forgotten what you set it to
2. If you run this fix, it will wipe out all data on the phone, effectively starting from scratch
3. You must remove the SIM card before initiating this or it will be wiped, also, leaving you with need to go buy a new one
4. You need to call Samsung to get the reset code: 800.987.4357 Tell them that you want to hard reset (wipe) your phone and you need the code. (They'll probably stay on the line with you and help you complete the task)
To hard reset the phone
1. Turn off the phone
2. Remove the back cover (battery compartment)
3. Remove the sim card
4. Turn on the phone
5. When it boots up and gets to the error message about the sim, enter the code provided by Samsung and press Return
6. Let the phone restore to original factory image and reboot
7. Turn phone off and install sim card
8. Replace back phone cover
9. Turn on the phone
10. You're ready to roll
Posted on Jun 14, 2010
SOURCE: samsung cell phone model sgh
Click where it says "Download the complete user guide" on the right side of the page.
Posted on Mar 04, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 03, 2011 | Samsung SGH-E210 Cellular Phone
Jan 31, 2011 | Samsung SGH-F250 Cell Phone
Jan 07, 2011 | Samsung SGH-F250 Cell Phone
Sep 20, 2010 | Samsung SGH-F250 Cell Phone
Mar 06, 2010 | Samsung Reclaim Cell Phone
Jun 30, 2009 | Samsung SGH-F250 Cell Phone
Jun 08, 2008 | Samsung SYNC SGH-A707 Cellular Phone
23 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!