Question about Bissell Vacuums
- Check the dirt cup to make sure it is empty.
- Your vacuum has 3 filters. Dirty filters will restrict air flow. The filters may be hand washed in cold water with mild detergent. Allow them to completely dry prior to reinstalling them. The white HEPA media post-motor filter is not washable.
- Lift the upholstery hose from the bottom holder. Check for suction at the end of the hose.
If there IS good suction at the end of the hose, please unplug your machine from the outlet and try the following:
- Ensure the hose is firmly pressed into the lower hose outlet on the back of the vacuum.
- Check to ensure the brush is rotating. If it is not, remove the plate on the bottom of the vacuum. Check the belt and clean the roller of dirt and debris.
- Check the lower hose for clogs by removing the screw which attaches it and lifting the hose up to clean it out. Also, remove the larger hose by twisting it off and using a broomstick handle, push any dirt and debris through the hose.
Posted on Aug 05, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 29, 2010 | Bissell 8975 CleanView Bagless Upright...
Nov 28, 2009 | Bissell 6594 PowerForce Bagless Upright...
Nov 16, 2009 | Bissell 6594 PowerForce Bagless Upright...
Oct 14, 2009 | Bissell 6594 PowerForce Bagless Upright...
Sep 30, 2009 | Bissell 6594 PowerForce Bagless Upright...
Jan 16, 2009 | Bissell 6594 PowerForce Bagless Upright...
Dec 11, 2008 | Bissell Vacuums
Dec 29, 2007 | Bissell 3522 PowerForce Bagged Upright...
Sep 19, 2007 | Bissell 6594 PowerForce Bagless Upright...
91 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!