Question about Bissell 1425 Little Green ProHeat Handheld Steam Vacuum
Try the following suggestions for the leaking issue:
- Check to see if the black or white "duck bill" gasket is misassembled or missing from the collection tank; ensure the gasket will open where the flat flaps meet and then reinstall it. The duck bill should be inserted into the curved side of the collection tank.
- Check to see if the solution tank/cap insert is leaking.
Note: When the solution tank is filled and turned right side up, the straw on the insert may fill with water/solution causing the tank to leak for a couple of seconds. This leaking should subside after the straw empties out.
- Check for proper placement of the o-ring on the cap insert. The o-ring should be between the bottle and the insert piece (part with the "straw").
Try the following for the suction issue.
- Remove the Collection tank and locate the circular motor duct on the base of the machine. Turn the machine on and feel for suction at this location. If you feel suction proceed as follows:
- Remove the gasket from the bottom of the Collection Tank. Ensure that this gasket is open (not sealed shut) at the top of the gasket where the flaps meet. If the end is not open, simply squeeze the end to open it. The “duck bill” shaped portion of this gasket should align with the rounded side of the Collection Tank.
- Check to make sure there are no cracks in the flexible vacuum hose or in the tool you are using.
- Make sure the collection tank latch is locked down securely.
- Check for suction at the end of the hose with the attachment off by suctioning water out of the sink or a cup. If there is low/poor suction, check the hose for clogs by raising the hose handle above the unit to allow the water to go into the collection tank.
The issues may be related as you can see some of the suggestions are similar.
Posted on Aug 05, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 04, 2014 | Bissell 1400 Little Green Pro Canister...
Sep 17, 2013 | Bissell 1400 Little Green Pro Canister...
Feb 02, 2011 | Bissell 3920 Bagless Upright Vacuum
First check the motor duct gasket. The motor duct gasket is visible once the tank is removed. It is located underneath the handle on the top of the base of the machine. It has a black rubber coating around it. If there is no suction there please let us know. If your machine does have suction at the duct, continue to check the following:
- Ensure the Ready Tools Dial is set to the appropriate setting (Floor Cleaning or Hose Attachments).
- Remove the tank from the machine and ensure the tank lid is attached properly. The front window must first hook onto the lip of the bottom of the tank and then drape over the tank. Latch the bottom tank to the top tank lid. THIS LID CANNOT BE ATTACHED PROPERLY IF THE TANK IS NOT REMOVED FROM THE MACHINE.
- Make sure the Water Tank is not full on the outside of the bladder. If it is, empty the tank.
- Ensure the hose is firmly attached to the back of the machine. If not, re-insert as necessary by twisting into place.
- The machine must be in an upright, locked position and set to the Hose Attachment setting. If the handle is slightly tilted back while using, it will create a small gap at the suction inlet (where handle meets gasket, above the Bottom Tank) which will cause little or no suction.
- Check the red Tank Lint Screen for debris. If the Lint Screen is dirty, the unit will have poor suction. Clean the Lint Screen if necessary.
- If the float flap door in the tank lid is activating prematurely when you turn the machine on, this flap door should be replaced. This tank may need to be emptied.
- Check the Tank Lid and Tank for damage.
Nov 16, 2010 | Bissell 9500 ProHeat 2X CleanShot Upright...
Oct 03, 2010 | Bissell 1425 Little Green ProHeat Handheld...
Sep 18, 2010 | Bissell 1425 Little Green ProHeat Handheld...
Sep 06, 2009 | Bissell 9500 ProHeat 2X CleanShot Upright...
Jan 02, 2014 | Bissell 1425 Little Green ProHeat Handheld...
2,036 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: