Question about Dacor DMO24SS Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Sparks when micro turned on. it appears the pannel

Sparks when micro turned on. it appears the pannel on the roof of the inside is burned and damaged. Can I simply replace the pannel?

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    Hot-Shot:

    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

    Corporal:

    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.

    Mayor:

    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 24 Answers

Yes if you can find someone to supply it as a spare part. Clean any grease or debris from behind it too. Often there are little plastic rivets that hold it on. You might as well order them too. If it burnt too bad there will be a carbonisation on the panel too which must be cleaned off as it will attract the microwave energy.

Before ordering anything, remove the burnt panel and run the microwave with just a cup of water in it to make sure it still works fine.

Whatever you do, do not open up a microwave oven cabinet, they are very dangerous inside. If you cant remove the panel from within the cooking cavity then leave well alone and get an engineer to look at it.

Posted on Aug 04, 2010

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

2 Answers

Sparks and strange noise when microwave is turned on even when empty inside. i have a ge jvm1850smss over the oven microwave.


YOU SHOULD NOT RUN MICRO WITHOUT ANY THING IN IT / THIS WILL OVER LOAD THE MAG TUBE . AND SOME TIMES FRY IT .. The sparking and arcing is probably a bad wave guide . this is sometimes caused by food splater / it gets in the cracks and corners and then cooks till it truns to carbon which conduts the micro's and thus arching .. clean it good and touch up any burns in the metal and repl wave guide cover. mm hope this will help .. mm

Dec 20, 2009 | GE Spacemaker Over-the-Range Microwave

1 Answer

Sparks and lightning like flashes appear when the microwave is on. It is a Dacor 24''


If something like a knife, spoon or fork is in the micro, this usually happens. It could also be that the interior of the micro may be damaged due to rust. Check for open metal, cracks or paint missing on the inside of the microwave.

Oct 17, 2009 | Dacor Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I'm getting a flash inside the oven and the plastic on the inside roof has a burn mark. I removed the plastic cover over the micro wave generator and it did not spark. is the oven dying? It is a 1983 0ver...


It looks like the metal part inside the oven is exposed to the high frequency rf waves. this may sound strange but try coating the metal part with fresh paint. remember no metal inside the oven will stand the waves created inside the oven the spark u see is the waves hitting the exposed metal part inside the oven

Oct 13, 2009 | Magic Chef MCD1311ST Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Flashing inside micro when turned on after a few


Make sure the inside is clean of all grease and the paper like screen needs to be removed and cleaned also. If the screen is burned it needs to be replaced. You can find one at an appliance parts store.

Sep 03, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

3 Answers

Arcing inside and there is now a small hole on the panel side. Is this fixable?


Hi,

It looks like there's lightning (arcing) inside my microwave When you see arcing inside your microwave, it's because of food or liquid left in the cavity or on the wave-guide cover:

  • If the wave guide has any burn spots, replace it and clean the unit well.

  • If the cavity has any burn spots, spot-sand it smooth and touch it up with microwave interior paint.

Note… If there are any burn holes in the cavity, don't use the unit-seek help from a qualified appliance repair technician.

Thanks for contacting Fixya

Jun 20, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Micro wave broke


open the door and look on the middle top right inside the microwave is it burned or blackend?You have a faulty magnatron.if it is.

May 19, 2009 | Magic Chef MCD1311ST Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Sparks pops odd burned smell


I would certainly take it to a repair shop if you want to try and salvage it. Until then keep it off and unplugged.

Feb 14, 2009 | Frigidaire PLMV168 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

GE Spacemaker appears to be sparking inside/top


1.Needs to remove that disk and clean the grease under it.
2. With sand paper clean dark burn spots.
3. Apply touch paint on open metal spots.
4.Put everything back.

Nov 30, 2008 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

A little metal is showing at the inside roof of the microwave.


Rub down with fine wet & dry ,paint with Humbrol enamel to match.

Sep 28, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

Not finding what you are looking for?
Dacor DMO24SS Microwave Oven Logo

103 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Dacor Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9085 Answers

Jerry Greenberg
Jerry Greenberg

Level 3 Expert

1667 Answers

Steven Clarke
Steven Clarke

Level 2 Expert

222 Answers

Are you a Dacor Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...