Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I had the same problem with my Novitech Model: PS-026/B2 only working in reverse but not forward. So I decided to take it apart and see if I could find any loose wires, broken parts etc. Keep in mind I am not a paper shredder mechanic, but I was able to fix it, at least for the time being, and here is how:
1. Unplug the machine, and I mean it. Make sure you unplug the machine before you start any fixin'. Unplug the machine!
2. I unscrewed the 7 screws located at the bottom of the case
3. I carefully separated the cases and made sure I did not allow any tension on the few wires that span the case halves
4. With the can of electronics duster I use for my computer keyboard, I sprayed all of the electric contacts, making sure I did not spray any of the grease at the gears. I poked the straw in all of the switch housings and the motor.
5. If you feel a little adventurous, you can remove the 6 screws that hold the cover and safety switch in place. At this point pay attention to how the safety switch arm is positioned ( take a picture if you have to) so it will be in the correct position during assembly. Remove the cover and look for anything that could be caught in the shredders. Remove any foreign matter with tweezers or needle nose pliers. Replace the safety switch and cover, make sure the switch arm is in the same position before you took it apart.
6. Put the two case halves together making sure there are no wires pinched inbetween. Put the seven screws back where they belong and tighten snugly ( do not over tighten cause you will break the plastic, guaranteed!)
7. Place the machine on the waste bucket and plug it in. And voila the motor should start buzzing and humming like it was brand new.
Posted on Mar 22, 2009
I have the same problem and upon removing the gears I found one that is plastic and worn pretty bad. Replacement parts can be purchased at 1-800-222-2310. Part # VF1012MX-08 Gear #2
I advise purchasing the metal one.
Posted on Aug 08, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 18, 2018 | Fellowes DM8C Cross-Cut Shredder
Mar 23, 2014 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 27, 2013 | Royal Jaws Shredder
Feb 02, 2011 | Techko Identity Guard 6-Sheet Strip Cut...
Apr 26, 2010 | Tech Solution TS-4500 Shredder
Oct 28, 2009 | Tech Solution TS-4500 Shredder
Oct 06, 2009 | OfficeMax 0M96431 Shredder
Jan 03, 2009 | Tech Solution TS-6000 Shredder
Aug 18, 2018 | Xerox Office Equipment & Supplies
34 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: