I have a HP Pavillion dv6000 and the dvd player is stuck on region 1 and I would like to change it to region 0. The pop-up tab says that the number of times you can change the code have run out, can you help please?
Hi Friends, HP Pavilion DV6000 Notebook main problem's are Power Problem, Vista Error etc.. For these problems you can visit a link by just Click Here . For any other problems with this Notebook you can Click Here
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Go to control panel /system / hardware tab , then click on device manager then find your dvd/cd drive right click on that and select properties. there should be several tabs the one you want will be named dvd region or something like that.
some drives will only let you change the region a couple of times
Try changing the region by right clicking your DVD drive in explorer and select properties, go to hardware tab, select your DVD brand and type, click properties, go to DVD region, and change the region.. Just remember, any DVD only allowed to change the region for about 4 times, after that, you can't change the region anymore..
1. Press OPEN/CLOSE, and wait for the tray to open.
2. Use the remote control to input digital key '1', '1', '1', '0' in that
if that dont work go 1, 1 1, 1 in that order.
Kindly leave a few seconds between each entry, the microprocessor is slow
with these entries.
3. Press number '7', '8' or '9' to display the current region code of the DVD
4. Press any number of '0' to '6' to set the required region code. The OSD
will display the new region code of the DVD player.
5. Region '0' will be the setting for multi region
6. The region setting will be saved in the FLASH memory.
7. Press OPEN/CLOSE again, the DVD player will return to normal operation.
note: you want to chose region 0 so u can use all regions
You have to go to the device manager of the operating system. List the hardware. Right click on the actual dvd drive and select the area that you want to change the region to. It will display the region.
You can only change the region code 4 times then it locks on the last change.
There are some firmware upgrades that can change the drive to region free, if you can screw it up or put in the wrong frmware upgrade then the DVD drive will be a piece on junk.
I suggest you install a region free software that will allow you to play and region DVDs.
Go to www.dvdidle.com to get their Region-Free software, it is not very expensive.