It is not starting up
Good day. I suggest for you to reinstall windows and use the repair options. Usually software encounter errors or some files might get corrupted causing your computer not to boot up properly. The repair option in Windows XP will help you to fix those issue. here are the steps to follow:
1. Rule out hardware issues. Windows Repair will only fix software
problems. Hardware issues can also cause boot problems (i.e. bad hard
drive, memory, CPU, or power supply).
2. Backup. It's always a good idea to backup your important data
before making changes to Windows XP. Relax, if you follow these
instructions your data will be perfectly safe.
3. Boot from your Windows XP CD. Insert the Windows XP CD into your
computer's CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive, and then restart your computer.
When the "Press any key to boot from CD" message appears on the screen,
press a key to start your computer from the Windows XP CD.
4. A blue screen will appear and begin loading Windows XP Setup from the CD.
5. When completed loading files, you will be presented with the following
"Windows Setup" screen, and your first option. Select "To set up Windows
XP now, press ENTER". DO NOT select Recovery Console.
6. Then press F8 to continue
7. Next, Windows Setup will find existing Windows XP installations. You
will be asked to repair an existing XP installation, or install a fresh
copy of Windows XP.
8. Then just choose repair option to repair your Windows Xp
9 Then it should work. If iin any case that will not solve the issue, you might try to install fresh copy on Windows Xp
Hope this information will help you resolve your issue. Have a great day.
May 24, 2011 |
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition