Question about Computers & Internet
Ther are no driers required for cd/dvd drivers/burners in any windows above win me, that is win2000, winxp, vista or win7, all of these recognise cd/dvd drivers automaticaly,
1. click on "my computer",
2 if you see your cd/dvd there, then click right mouse button on it, 3. click left mouse button on "eject",
if cd is ejected, nothing wrong with your cd/dvd.
if you do not see cd in "my computer" listing, you need to check if all cables are plug in properly on it, remove side from your computer and check connections.
if cd i snot reacting to "eject" command, you need new cd rom, they cost aobut $25 to $50, depending where you buy, and are very easy to change.
if you want to do that by yourself, and your computer is not notebook, then you need philips screwdriver and that is all...
1. switch off computer
2. remove power cord from computer
3. remove both sides from the computer (screws on the back are holding them or sometime they are self-lock, then you maybe need bit help from person who know how to deal with self-locks.
4. remove four screws from your cd-rom sides holding it.
5. push cd-rom slightly forward and remove power and data cable from the back, remembe what position they were up!
6, push cd-rom forward till you remove it from the case.
7. check pinouts (if any) on the back of the cd-rom and change new one to exactly same.
8. partially slide new cd-rom in so you can connect back data and power cable
9. slide new cd-rom fully and mount the screws
10. mount sides of the computer
11. insert power cord
12. start the computer and enjoy your movie...
if on other hand you need software to write cd/dvd then search in google or any other search engine for: "free cd/dvd burn software" you will have few millino entries... choose that which offer really free, not only free download and use it. download few and try all, keep that one which you find most useful and delete all rest...
if you find my advice useful, do not hesitate leave comment, or vote4 for me, or even both :-) thanx!
Posted on Aug 04, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 13, 2011 | LG (GCC-H23NB) CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo Drive
Oct 26, 2010 | LG GCC 4480B CD-RW/DVD-ROM Burner
Mar 16, 2010 | LG (GCC-H23NB) CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo Drive
Jan 19, 2010 | LG 16x Internal Blu-ray Disc/ HD DVD...
Oct 31, 2009 | LG (GCC-H23NB) CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo Drive
Sep 03, 2008 | LG GCC4522B CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo Drive
50 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!