Question about Garden
It is easy, you may find first time that it will not be so, but if you follow advice, it will become even more easy.
1. switch off motor
2. unplug from power
3. find button on the base close to rotating bit, press and hold, this is shaft lock which if applied correctly (you may need to rotate shaft a bit till it fully engage) will stop shaft from rotating
4. apply small spanner (provided with set) to collet collar (collet have two indentations fitting perfectly little spanner)
5. if shaft is held up, turn spanner anticlockwise, then use your hand to undo collar completely
6. remove collet and bit - separate bit from collet
7. collet comes in many sizes, select correct size for new bit
8. insert collet into throat
9. lightly screw in collar
10, insert new bit, at least 2/3 of the bit shank must be inserted into the collet!
11. held shaft lock button pressed
12 hand tighten the collar till bit is locked firmly in place
13. do not use spanner to tighten! if collar do not held properly, re-tighten by hand only!
14. wear always glasses when operating dremmel, or any other rotating machinery, it is not a toy! and exploding bit will penetrate not only your bit of woo, or metal but your eye as well... and your have only two and no spares...
if you find my advice useful, please do not hesitate to vote4 for me, or leave comment, or both... thanx!
Posted on Aug 04, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 10, 2014 | Dremel Tools & Hardware - Others
Nov 09, 2013 | Dremel Tools & Hardware - Others
Feb 07, 2013 | Dremel Variable - Speed Multipro Rotary...
Sep 25, 2012 | Dremel Variable - Speed Multipro Rotary...
Jan 23, 2011 | Dremel 395 Variable Speed Multipro Rotary...
May 06, 2010 | Dremel Variable - Speed Multipro Rotary...
Mar 27, 2009 | Dremel 300 1/40A "Multi Pro" Rotary Tool...
72 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!