Question about Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5934 Notebook
Hi. this is a common issue for Vista computers that downloaded microsoft updates. Please refer troubleshooting below to resolved this issue.
1. Boot from Vista DVD (e.g. ensure BIOS is set toboot from CD/DVD). Note: before the reboot from DVD, they requestedthat I disconnect attached peripherals: the printer and the wirelesskb/mouse. Plugged in wired kb/mouse.
2. Select Repair link from the main menu
3. Select to restore to a previous time
4. Restore to a point prior to the offending update
5. Restart normally
6. Launch windows update in vista. Check for updates. Note the important update that needs to be installed (In this case itwas a cumulative update to Vista Home Premium/Media Center edition) Note the KB# of the update.
In this case it was KB947172: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947172
7. Go back to the main windows update screen.
8. Select settings > Turn off automatic updates: Choose "Check for updates but let me decide when to download/install)
9. Locate and manually download the update based upon the KB# of the update (in this case KB947172)
10. Turn off virus protection, etc. I have Microsoft Live OneCare. I disabled virus/spyware.
11. Manually install the downloaded update.
12. The update required a reboot. The now familiary"Step 3 of 3" screen came up, completed and then loaded the loginscreen normally (without the never-ending reboot issue)
13. After desktop loaded normally,
-- Checked Windows update for any important updates (none)
--Enabled automatic updates
--Re-enabled security software (e.g. virus/spyware)
All the best!
Posted on Aug 04, 2010
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 27, 2013 | Toshiba Satellite L500 Series Notebook
Oct 25, 2012 | Toshiba Satellite L500-1XD WXGA HD 15.6"...
Jun 23, 2011 | Toshiba Satellite L500 Series Notebook
Jun 20, 2011 | Toshiba Computers & Internet
Feb 13, 2011 | Toshiba Satellite L500 Series Notebook
Nov 16, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite L500 Series Notebook
Jun 25, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite L500 Series Notebook
May 25, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite L500 Series Notebook
May 12, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite L500 Series Notebook
Apr 22, 2010 | Computers & Internet
May 09, 2012 | Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5934 Notebook
27 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: