An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: Beverage-Air Freezer Model KF-24
Verify that condensers ain't clogged with dirt, condenser fan is running all the time and set the thermostat to the coldest setting. if temperature keeps rising suspect dirty condenser of deficient condenser fan. if compressor runs and no cooling after condenser cleaning. suspect a refrigerant charge problem. hope to be of assisit
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Red Alarm Indicator Light
Under normal operating conditions, the internal temperature of the freezer will ensure the long-term conservation of the stored food. When such temperature rises above a certain level (-12 °C), the appliance will trigger an acoustic and light alarm. The light alarm is a blink red light (Red Alarm Indicator Light), while the acoustic alarm is an intermittent sound.
You can stop the acoustic alarm by pressing the Acoustic Signal Stop Switch once.
When switching on the freezer for the first time, the Red Alarm Indicator Light will blink until the internal temperature has reached a level required for the safe conservation of frozen food.
Fast Freeze function
If more than 3-4 kg of food is to be frozen:
1. Press the Fast Freeze Switch for 2-3 seconds to activate the fast-freeze function 6-24 hours before placing the fresh food in the freezer, the Yellow Fast Freeze Indicator Light will illuminate. The compressor will now run continuously, to ensure that the fresh food is frozen as quickly as possible.
2. It is possible to deactivate the function at any time by pressing the Fast Freeze Switch for 2-3 seconds.
3. Place the foods in the freezing compartments (indicated with graphics).
4. Once the food is completely frozen (it may take up to 24 hours) you can manually switch off the fastfreeze function by pressing the Fast Freeze Switch for 2- 3 seconds and the Yellow Fast Freeze Indicator light will also go out.
5. Move frozen food from the freezing compartments into the other compartments (storing compartments) to make room for another freezing.
If the Fast Freeze Switch is accidentally left on, the fast-freeze function will be automatically switched off 48 hours later. The Yellow Fast Freeze Indicator light will also go out.
I believe that you all understand. If you intend to freeze larger amount of food then certainly a few hours before some shopping switch on the fast freeze function.
There are different models made for holding different products. Yours has a 1/3 hp compressor for above 20 degs. It may have 0 on the thermostat and may well pull down that far, but -20 would be out of it's reach. Where as it's sister model is made to freeze to below zero has a 3/4 hp compressor. Larger compressor for the lower temps.
The fan has a limit control wired in series that shuts the fan down until the coil temperature reaches 25*F. this prevents the fan from blowing warm around after defrost. There is also a switch which is placed for the door to close. Either one may be defective. Worst case is the freezer is not pulling down temperature wise.
You might be able to. Turn the thermostat up, throw a thermometer into the box and play with it for a few days until your happy with it. But, be sure to keep the thermostat in it and load it slowly over a few days. You'll need to keep an eye on how it reacts when you start to load it up. It might see a load and turn back into a freezer. just load it slow and keep an eye on it. If you turn it up and is doesn't get above freezing, don't think you can load it up to bring the temperature up. It might work at first, but as it catches up, you'll find out you still have a freezer!!
You will need to turn the unit off and let it completely unthaw. There is frost that builds up in the ducts and behind the panels when the door is left open that will cause the unit to not cool or circulate where needed.
Should operate 24 hours before putting anything in that is not already frozen. Check it again after it has run for 24 hours. Anytime you adjust the thermostat go one click at a time and wait 24 hours for it to stabilize. eric
We ahve a two year old Frrigidaire Freezer. every year same time it seems to correct itself(?), like self defrosting etc, and takes a long time come back to its cooling level. This is made in brazil G series. Please help.