Question about Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load Washer
HI. This will be a long drain code(LD). Ld flashes when the water level does not change after the drain pump is on. Follow this testing procedure to solve the issue.
Cabrio test for LD code:
Perform the following checks if washer fails to drain or recirculate.
1. Perform the Manual Pumps test. This procedure can be found in the manual i have provided below.
2. Remove the console to access the machine/ motor control assembly. See Accessing & Removing the Electronic Assemblies.
3. Visually check that the P4 connector is inserted all the way into the machine/motor control. If visual check passes, go to step 4. If visual check fails, reconnect P4 and repeat step 1.
4. Remove connector P4 from the machine/ motor control and check resistance values of pump motor windings. Resistance values should match those shown in wiring diagram, page 7-1. If resistance values are good, go to step 7. If winding measurements are much higher (tens of ohms to infinity) than shown in wiring diagram, a problem exists in the motor winding or in the connection between the machine/motor control and the motor. Go to step 5.
5. Tilt machine forward to access the bottom of the machine and the pumps. See Figure 1, page 6-13.
6. Check the resistance at the pump motor. Remove the connector at the motor and take measurements across pump terminals. Measurements should be as shown in the wiring diagram. If winding measurements are much higher (tens of ohms to infinity) than shown in wiring diagram, replace the pump motor. If the resistance at the pump motor is correct, there is an open circuit in the wiring between the motor and the machine/ motor control. Repair or replace the lower wiring harness. If the pump motor windings and machine/ motor control check OK, repair or replace the pump. Be sure to check the pump and tub sump for foreign objects before replacing pump.
7. See Activation of Manual Diagnostic Test Mode, and perform the Manual: Pumps test.
8. If the Manual: Pumps test failed, then the machine/motor control has failed: Unplug the washer or disconnect power. Replace the machine/motor control assembly. Perform the Manual: Pump test.
Click here to access the service manual that will correlate with the instructions given above in the testing procedure. This manual is very large, so allow 3 to 4 minutes for the entire manual to download to your hard drive. If the download procedure is interrupted, simply, refresh and allow it to download, once more.
Posted on Aug 05, 2010
Thanks for using FixYa. Error Ld means long drain and it flashes when the water level will not change even after the drain pump is on. To resolve this issue you’ll need to check the drain hose and the drain pump for any blockages. Also check if the pump is running fine and replace the part that has gone bad. Please do accept the solution if the issue is resolved or post a comment for further assistance.
Posted on Aug 03, 2010
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 05, 2016 | Washing Machines
Jul 26, 2015 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Hello & Welcome to FixYa
Ld means long drain and is displayed when it takes longer than 5
minutes to pump out the water to a point where the pressure switch resets. To
solve this problem make sure that the drain filter pump assembly located inside
the bottom front panel is clean and after cleaning if the error returns then
the pressure switch needs to be tested and if bad then it needs replacement.
Please get back to me if you have any other questions.
Jun 18, 2011 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...
Mar 01, 2011 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...
Jun 21, 2010 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...
Sep 19, 2009 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...
May 16, 2009 | Kenmore Oasis HE 27082 Top Load Washer
Sep 05, 2008 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...
66 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!