Question about Computers & Internet
From the Nancy Drew web site:
Windows Vista/7 Support Installing older games (#1-13) with Windows Vista/7.
While our older games are not completely Windows Vista/7 compliant (notably games #1-13), there is a workaround which has been successful for most players. Please take the following steps to manually install.
If you had previously installed, uninstall the game and then delete all remaining game file folders from your computer, including emptying them out of your Recycle Bin. These files may be in one of the following locations:
C:\Program Files\Nancy Drew\
In your Documents folder: C:\Users\Username\Documents\
Once this is done, make sure you're logged on as an Administrator for your computer and manually install by taking the following steps:
1. Go to your "Documents" folder and create a new folder. Rename the folder with the title of the game.
2. Insert game Disk 1 in your disk drive and open "Computer" from the "Start" menu.
3. Double-click on your CD-Rom/DVD drive, look for a Setup or Setup Launcher Installshield file. Double-click this file to start the installation process.
4. When install asks what directory you want your game to install to, click "Browse".
5. Navigate to the game folder you created by selecting "C:" drive, then "Users" (or User name), then "Documents", then select the game folder.
6. Continue forward with the installation process, when asked if you want to install DirectX, check "No, I will install myself".
7. Upon completion, uncheck the "Play Now" box, click finish and exit setup.
For game titles #1-5, follow these three additional steps:
1. Right-click the game icon that is now on your desktop, select "Properties".
2. Under "Properties", click on the "Compatibility" tab.
3. Check the "Run in Compatibility Mode" box and then select "Windows 98/Me" from the drop-down menu.
You should now be able to open and play the game. If you installed an older version of DirectX with the game, please go to Microsoft's Download Center to download and install the latest version of DirectX for your version of Windows.
Posted on Aug 03, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 16, 2012 | Her Interactive Nancy Drew: Stay Tuned for...
Sep 04, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jul 11, 2011 | Her Interactive Nancy Drew: Danger by...
Dec 28, 2010 | Her Interactive Nancy Drew: Danger by...
Dec 26, 2010 | Her Interactive Nancy Drew: Shadow At The...
Sep 14, 2010 | Her Interactive Nancy Drew: Message in a...
Jun 25, 2010 | Her Interactive Nancy Drew: Danger by...
Aug 31, 2009 | Her Interactive Nancy Drew Secrets Can...
Apr 28, 2009 | Computers & Internet
1,082 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!