Question about Refrigerators

Open Question

My Samsung RL33SBSW fridge/freezer gets very hot on both sides on the outside. The bottom two freezer compartments do not freeze properly. I have tried setting the high/low buttons to see if this has any effect, this doesn't do anything. When I switch the fridge off and on again the motor runs, but that is when the outside gets hot. HELP

Posted by on

Ad

6 Suggested Answers

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad
  • 21 Answers

SOURCE: I have an RL33SBSW fridge

Good day..
I would Double-check the part.. before I did anything else.
I would recheck my model no. just to make sure I was right.... I would want to find out if the part I was sent is the one it is supposed to be... it probably is.... It may seem silly, but it happens more often than it should.
When a Refrigerator doesn't defrost like it should, a common condition would be to hear that some foods in the frig side freezing, why, is because the control which cycles both freezer and frig, is located in the Fresh food side, there is not enough air movement to cycle the thermostat, so it runs all the time. Cold air drops, and usually the freezing occurs down below in the veg. drawers and/or vent ports involving air transfer between the two compartments... as more time passes... ice on evaporator thickens, air flow circulation reduces even more, now conditions begin to reverse.. and exactly what you state above begins to occur... look inside your Freezer, the back wall... you'll see ice (like a snow-cone) forming.. if so... you could have a defective PCB, I doubt it.. 95% probability, it's the bi-metal termination thermostat.. the other 5% would be your def heater. I have found more PCB prone to be at fault under these circumstances then that the thermostat.. I wouldn't toss out that PCB... If you keep this unit for a long time, it will be the likely thing to be needed, in the next round..

Posted on Feb 25, 2008

Ad
  • 5 Answers

SOURCE: Samsung Fridge Freezer

Possible bad defrost timer.

Posted on Mar 09, 2008

  • 88 Answers

SOURCE: FRIDGE COMPARTMENT FREEZING

try this,make sure you dont have anything blocking your blower in the freezer.if that is okay if you have seperate controls for the freezer and the fridge,try setting the frige setting lower and the freezer higher,this makes the blower work more in the freezer.hope it helps.

Posted on Dec 06, 2008

  • 1 Answer

SOURCE: Lec Elan Fridge Freezer: Freezer

Check freezer door seal
Regards, Barry

Posted on Feb 26, 2009

  • 12 Answers

SOURCE: FRIDGE COMPARTMENT FREEZING

i had the same problem the sensor starts at the back of the pcb and snakes its way dow the back of the fridge into the freezer conpartment i ordered a new sensor thinking it was a temp sensor but turned out to be a defrost sensor compleat and utter hassel to fit due to the expanding foam i had to eventualy cut the block off that conects to the pcb and then reconecting it once i got the cable through the foam first 2 days seamed to work fine while there was nothing in it as soon as i put food in it again the fridge started to freeze everything again then about a week later it still ices up at the back the fridge but doesnt seam to freeze the food so much now so still unsure about it all
btw it was the exact same model and before i changed the sensor the light and the super light used to flash on and off

Posted on Mar 04, 2009

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

The fridge works but the freezer, while cold, does not freeze


Hi, The freezer compartment is (logically) favored for cooling. There is a fan, normally between the back of the freezer compartment and the outside sheet metal that circulates the cooled air from the hidden coils to the refrigerator compartment.
When you hear the compressor is running, look for vents in the back of the refrigerator side and hold some wet fingers in front of these. Under normal circumstances, there should be an easily noticeable flow of air coming from these vents that represents the fridge's share of the cooled air. If there is none or is very little flow, the fan has either slowed (sticky sleeve bearings) or the fan has stopped completely. This isn't a dangerous problem since all modern electric motors are 'impedance protected' meaning that if the motor cannot turn, it still will not get any more than hot, it won't catch fire as they once would.
Thank you!

May 13, 2010 | Frigidaire FRS3R5EMB Side by Side...

2 Answers

Freezing in refrigerator


Inside the fresh food compartment on top left there is something called an air baffle. It runs between the freezer and fresh food compartment and its purpose is to electrically control the amount of cold air coming from the freezer. Sometimes they freeze open and will not close. So you may need to turn off the refrigerator during the time you examine it. Look for ice blocking the movement of the baffle damper. Sometimes just one time clearing the problem is all you need to fix it. Let me know what you find and if you are able to get it going again, Thanks, Sea Breeze

May 20, 2009 | KitchenAid Superba Architect KSCS25IN Side...

1 Answer

Samsung rs2533sw fridge not cooling


it sounds like the refrigerator evap is frozen up causing the compartment to get too hot. shut the unit off and let it thaw out. then take the screws out of the cover to check the stryrofoam on the back side of the cover to see if theres broken spots on it causing the air to bypass the evap causing it to freeze. Theres two screws behind the light cover and two at the very bottom of the cover and two behind the decorative plugs about 1/2 way

Dec 20, 2008 | Samsung RS2534 Side by Side Refrigerator

1 Answer

FRIDGE COMPARTMENT FREEZING


try this,make sure you dont have anything blocking your blower in the freezer.if that is okay if you have seperate controls for the freezer and the fridge,try setting the frige setting lower and the freezer higher,this makes the blower work more in the freezer.hope it helps.

Dec 06, 2008 | Refrigerators

1 Answer

Freezer side is hot outside


There is no problem at all. The outside of the freezer is hot because it is rejecting heat from the inside of freezer compartment to the outside surroundings, this is a normal refrigeration cycle. As for the seals being hot, this may be to prevent the door from freezing shut. i know that commercial and industrial freezers have heated seals for this reason.

Nov 13, 2008 | Maytag MSD2756G Side by Side Refrigerator

2 Answers

Samsung Fridge Freezer


Possible bad defrost timer.

Mar 08, 2008 | Refrigerators

1 Answer

I have an RL33SBSW fridge freezer, for the last week the lights on the control panal have been flashing & the fridge has been freezing all the food. I was told it needed a PCB which I purchased and...


Good day..
I would Double-check the part.. before I did anything else.
I would recheck my model no. just to make sure I was right.... I would want to find out if the part I was sent is the one it is supposed to be... it probably is.... It may seem silly, but it happens more often than it should.
When a Refrigerator doesn't defrost like it should, a common condition would be to hear that some foods in the frig side freezing, why, is because the control which cycles both freezer and frig, is located in the Fresh food side, there is not enough air movement to cycle the thermostat, so it runs all the time. Cold air drops, and usually the freezing occurs down below in the veg. drawers and/or vent ports involving air transfer between the two compartments... as more time passes... ice on evaporator thickens, air flow circulation reduces even more, now conditions begin to reverse.. and exactly what you state above begins to occur... look inside your Freezer, the back wall... you'll see ice (like a snow-cone) forming.. if so... you could have a defective PCB, I doubt it.. 95% probability, it's the bi-metal termination thermostat.. the other 5% would be your def heater. I have found more PCB prone to be at fault under these circumstances then that the thermostat.. I wouldn't toss out that PCB... If you keep this unit for a long time, it will be the likely thing to be needed, in the next round..

Feb 24, 2008 | Refrigerators

1 Answer

Freezer side wont freeze


First thing to try is Powering off the FF at the mains supply and leaving it standing for 30 minutes. Make sure that you do not open any of the doors or touch any of the controls during this time. Then reconnect the power and wait for 30 to 60 minutes to see if the fault remains or is cured. Try completely defrosting the FF as despite common belief these units are not totally frost free.

If the Freezer and the Fridge are not cooling enough then check that the condenser is not iced up and that the fan is running correctly. These are located behind a panel in the lower half of the freezer at the rear and can be accessed from inside the freezer compartment.

In side by sides if the freezer side is working OK and the fridge side is not working correctly it means that air ducting from the condenser has iced up or the air vent from the freezing unit to the fridge compartment has stuck in the closed or partially closed position which causes the fridge to not be any where near as cool as it should be. If it is too cold then the vent is stuck in the open position and the fridge temperature will continue to fall and become the same as the freezer, thereby freezing the contents of the fridge compartment. It can also get stuck in another position so that if the temperature is adjusted on the front panel then nothing happens to the temperature in the fridge compartment. The vent, which is usually at the top of the fridge compartment on the side where it joins the freezer compartment, is controlled by a small sync motor and either the motor has become faulty, the control module is faulty or the vent is iced up. It can be come iced up by putting too many hot items in the fridge so the steam condenses and freezes the vent in position and then the motor cannot open or close it causing it and / or the control module to become faulty. Other times it is just old age that causes the motor and / or the control module to fail. If the sync motor and vent are working OK then there may be a fault with the fridge temperature sensor or main on board controller that will mean that the sensor or the controller will need replacing.

Nov 14, 2007 | Samsung Refrigerators

Not finding what you are looking for?
Refrigerators Logo

Related Topics:

172 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Refrigerators Experts

Charles T Nevin
Charles T Nevin

Level 3 Expert

4070 Answers

John Tripp
John Tripp

Level 3 Expert

4654 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

76846 Answers

Are you a Refrigerator Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...