Question about Computers & Internet
This sounds like one or more of your Windows critical files have become corrupt.
The first thing you should try is restoring your computer to your last restore point. Essentially this means restoring the operating system files to a previous point in time where the corruption does not exist. This will not affect any of your data or programs however if you have anything on there that is not backed up and it's very important to you I would recommend you back the files to a USB memory stick or similar.
Once you have done the try the steps outlined below, if this does not resolve your issue reply to this post and we can try something else-
1. Shut down the computer.
2. Turn the computer on and immediately press F8 repeatedly until you get the "Advanced Boot Options" menu.
3. use the down arrow to select "Safe Mode" and press enter.
4. Window is should start with a "Help" window.
5. In the help window there is an underlined "What is System Restore?"
Click on that and "Click to open System Restore"
6. click on that and a new window comes up recommending restoring to a previous state.
7. Click ok and the operating system should restore your computer successfully and reboot into normal mode.
Posted on Aug 03, 2010
Testimonial: "This service was great. No time was wasted chasing ghosts, this saved me time and money and I will use it again."
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 04, 2013 | Dell 14Z-N411Z
Nov 07, 2012 | Dell inspiron 14z-n411z laptop intel
Nov 19, 2010 | Dell Studio 14z Notebook
Jun 30, 2010 | Dell Studio 14Z Notebook
Mar 14, 2010 | Dell Studio 15 Laptop
Feb 24, 2010 | Dell Studio 1537 Laptop Computer PC...
Dec 05, 2009 | Dell Studio 1737 Laptop
Sep 10, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with...
Apr 03, 2009 | Dell Studio 17 Laptop
40 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: