Question about Bissell ProHeat Turbo Deep Cleaner Upright Steam Vacuum
Try the following suggestions to see if you can get your machine suctioning properly:
1) Remove the Tank-in-Tank Assembly and place your hand over the motor intake valve. This valve is located next to the Floor Nozzle gasket (at the top of the Floor Nozzle window) and behind the SmartMix Bottle. If you feel vacuum-like suction at this area, your suction power of the unit is working but air is escaping at some point. If there is no suction at the motor intake valve your machine will need to be inspected by an Authorized Service Center Technician.
2) It is possible the Floor Nozzle on your machine is inserted incorrectly. This would directly affect the suction of your machine. Please follow the directions below for removing and replacing the nozzle.
Before starting, please be sure the machine is unplugged and the machine handle is reclined.
To remove the Floor Nozzle window, first detach the Phillips head screws located at the base of the nozzle. Then, remove the Tank-in-Tank Assembly. Next, pull forward at the top of the Floor Nozzle window to release the tabs of this window from the receiving holes of the machine. This window is designed to allow access for cleaning.
When replacing the Floor Nozzle window, please be sure the tabs at the TOP of the nozzle are properly inserted into the receiving holes provided. If you do not have the tabs in place properly, the suction power of the machine could be affected.
Rotate the window down into place and replace the screws.
3) Ensure that the Ready Tools knob (diverter knob) is in the proper setting and the valve opens and closes freely. Ensure the black foam gasket is in place under the valve.
4) Check to ensure the Tank-in-Tank assembly is seated properly and that it is not full of dirty water. (If this tank has a drain cap, make sure it is in place and that it has a black o-ring).
5) Check the float and baffle to ensure they are properly installed on the Tank-in-Tank. The larger square portion of this part should be below the clear baffle of the tank with the red flag portion of the float resting on top of the baffle.
6) Check the Tank-in-Tank and lid for damage. Is the lint screen clogged? Make sure the lint screen is in place on the tank lid and not placed into the motor duct. Also, clear the holes on the lint screen.
7) Check to see if the upholstery hose has suction. If the hose has suction and the floor nozzle does not, check the diverter valve to see if it opens and closes freely. This can be seen through the Floor Nozzle window as you switch the diverter knob from the floor to tools setting.
If these suggestions do not solve the problem contact BISSELL Consumer Services.
Mon-Fri: 8am to 10pm ET
Sat: 9am to 8pm ET
Posted on Aug 03, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 06, 2017 | Vacuums
Apr 07, 2016 | Vacuums
Feb 13, 2015 | Bissell Carpet Cleaner Powerbrush Deep...
Dec 24, 2014 | Bissell ReadyClean DirtLifter Carpet...
Mar 28, 2014 | Rainbow E series Canister Wet/Dry Vacuum
Dec 30, 2013 | Vacuums
Jul 20, 2011 | Bissell 9500 ProHeat 2X CleanShot Upright...
Jun 23, 2010 | Bissell 9500 ProHeat 2X CleanShot Upright...
May 30, 2010 | Bissell 9500 ProHeat 2X CleanShot Upright...
152 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: