Question about Dell Inspiron Mini 10 Notebook
If your sure you haven't got a Virus... Then, Ok at boot up press F8, when the Menu comes up, choose Safe Mode, but this time instead of going to the desktop, choose System Restore, follow instructions, and when the Calender type window comes up, simply choose a time BEFORE, the time it went faulty. This should completely restore you to working again. As long as there are NO other problems.
Go to this website for more.... support.microsoft.com/kb/306084 -
You may have a virus... so it may pay to First go to housecall to scan and remove any viruii Boot up in SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING, and open up your browser and go to this website below, accept everything.. and allow it to scan and remove, It's a fee service, just for this type of thing...
If none of that works then you will be forced to do a factory restore...
Restore the Computer to the Default Factory Configuration
When you restore the computer to the default factory configuration, all data on the C drive is deleted. Before performing this procedure, back up personal files. If you do not back up personal files, the data is lost.
1. Restart the computer. To do this, click Start, click the arrow next to the Lock button, and then click Restart.
2. As the computer restarts, press the F8 key until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen.
You must press F8 before the Windows logo appears on the screen. If you press F8 after the Windows logo appears, the Advanced Boot Options menu does not appear on the screen. If you do not see the Advanced Boot Options menu, restart the computer, and then repeat this step until you see the menu on the screen.
Good Luck (please don't post in all CAPITAL LETTERS next time)
3. Press the (Down Arrow) to select Repair Your Computer on the Advanced Boot Options menu, and then press Enter.
4. Specify the language settings that you want, and then click Next.
5. Log in as a user who has administrative credentials, and then click OK.
6. Click Dell Factory Image Restore.
7. In the Dell Factory Image Restore window, click Next.
8. Click to select the check box for Yes, reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition.
9. Click Next. The computer is restored to the default factory configuration.
10. When the restore operation is completed, click Finish to restart the computer.
Posted on Aug 03, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 21, 2015 | Tablets & eReaders
Jun 26, 2011 | Dell Inspiron 560 Desktop Computer (Intel...
Sep 05, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 570 Desktop PC (I5707163PBK)
Dec 26, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 1300 Notebook
Apr 09, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 9400 Notebook
Mar 29, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 6400 Notebook
Mar 29, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 530s Desktop Computer
Jul 18, 2008 | Dell Inspiron 1300 Notebook
27 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: