Question about Craftsman Front Propelled Rear Bag Lawn Mower with High Wheels

1 Answer


Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 760 Answers

You could, but you shouldn't. I assume you need to replace the cord? Remove bolts from the whole sheet metal housing, and remove the cord reel from inside.

Posted on Aug 02, 2010

Testimonial: "Thanks I figured that out. "


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How do I access the pull cord on an Ariens 911072 to replace it?

If housing has screws you take the screws out and take the housing off but if the housing has rivets you take a small drill bit and a cordless or electric drill and drill the rivets out being careful not to make the rivet holes any bigger. Take the housing off and replace the cord then get some same size rivets and a rivet gun and replace the housing riveting it back on. Make sure the housing goes back on the same way it came out.

Sep 25, 2014 | Garden

1 Answer

Ariens 926LE broken pull cord

No you remove the engine cover that the rewind assy is riveted too.

Feb 19, 2014 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Replace broken pull cord

the way i done this was drilling out the rivets,replacing the cord and putting new rivets back in.if you dont have new rivets or the tool to put them in with you can use self tapping screws instead. i hope this helps you out?

Feb 19, 2014 | Garden

3 Answers

Sheared off alternator pivot bolt while changing alternator please help!

If bolt does not thread into engine block or head
What you will need:
Penetrating oil (auto center---pepboys, advanced auto, parts plus ect)
Screw gun example (home center)
cordless drill
corded screw gun
something with a clutch
5/32 or a 1/4" self tapping hex head screw by 3/4" long
a driver for #12 hex head(I can't remember if it's 3/16", or 1/4" or 1/4" or 5/16"
1/4"90 degress offset for screw gun(usally aroung $8.00 (home center)
Channel locks or really goood pliers (home center)

This may work, and cheapest solution. Get some spray penetrating oil. Spray what's lest of bolt on both sides. Tap what is left of bolt, making sure you don't hit what's left of the threads, or causing it to peane over.
repeat this a few times.
After oil has penetrated, on sheared side start running the screw in
This is where you use the offset for the screwgun and the channel locks to hold the offset in the right position.Once the screw seats it's self, with luck, it should act like it's driving the sheered bolt deeper. Once you see more of the end of bolt comming out, stop, use channel locks to finish removing.

If this fails or bolt is in head or block
More penetrating oil
1/4" ezeout with right numbered drill bit
90 degrees drill chuck
Tap handle (for ezeout)
Center punch
1/8" drill bit

Use center punch to put a divit in center of broken bolt
Use 1'8" bit to drill pilot hole, no mre than 3/8" deep( measure from tip of bit up to 3/8" put a peice of tape around bit)
Use the numbered bit for eze out, drilling no deeper than 3/8"
Use easy out with tap handle.
do not use "auto center's bolt extractors, they are garbage. Go to an industrial suppy or industrial hardware house

Mar 08, 2013 | Vehicle Parts & Accessories

1 Answer

Pull cord on john deere 190cc 6.75 hp

The housing might be riveted to the engine housing and might need to come off together. Hope this helps!

Jun 09, 2012 | Briggs & Stratton Lawn-Boy Insight Series...

1 Answer

Foot rest on buggie has broken. can you buy a new one from anywhere

listen why dont you go to the hardware store get some thick/thin rubber sheet,drill some holes in it each side then rivett it in place with a "pop Rivetter"

Mar 10, 2011 | Computers & Internet

2 Answers

I have a Yerf-dog 3203 go-kart with a 6.5 HP Tecumseh engine. It's a pull start, and the pull cord broke. I can't get the cover off to fix the pull because the cover doesn't have screws. It has metal flat...

they are rivets, you will need a drill, the bit should be just big enough to fit the pin, once you start to drill it will come off. You can put screws back in once the repair is made. Good Luck Tim

Oct 23, 2010 | Tecumseh Horizontal Tiller Engine 8 Hp, 1"...

1 Answer

Pull cord stuck to motor housing

Ok You have to release the engine brake. BY pulling down the bail to the handle as if you were going to start the engine. Hope that helps.

Oct 21, 2009 | Garden

1 Answer

How to change the pull starter cord.

drill out rivets then re-rivet or use self tapping screws

Oct 03, 2009 | Troy Bilt 5.5hp Self Propelled Mower

Not finding what you are looking for?
Craftsman Front Propelled Rear Bag Lawn Mower with High Wheels Logo

248 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Craftsman Garden Experts

Wade Mobley
Wade Mobley

Level 3 Expert

513 Answers

Jim Parker
Jim Parker

Level 3 Expert

1041 Answers

Dennis Key
Dennis Key

Level 3 Expert

2478 Answers

Are you a Craftsman Garden Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides