Question about Bissell 1697-7 Powersteamer Pro Deluxe Vacuum
Try these suggestions to get your machine working properly:
Make sure there is liquid in both the Tank-in-Tank and the SmartMix Bottle and check for spray through the upholstery hose. If the hose does not spray please check the following:
- Remove the belt access door and inspect the pump belt to ensure it is not broken, worn or stretched. You may also check the belt by turning on the power and watching the brush on the bottom of the machine. If the brush rotates the belt is not broken.
- Check for proper placement of the o-ring on the SmartMix Cap Insert (some o-rings are detachable and need to fit over the straw; others are molded to the cap).
- Check for liquid in the base of the machine where the SmartMix Bottle sits (SmartMix Reservoir). If there is no liquid in the reservoir, the neck on the SmartMix Bottle may be undersized, the cap will not make proper contact with the unit and the smart mix bottle will need to be replaced.
- Check for the black or red tank gasket on the SmartMix Bottle Cap and on the bottom of the Tank-in-Tank Assembly. If gasket is lodged in base of unit or has been lost, reattach gasket on auto-load or order new gasket if appropriate.
- Check the valves on the bottoms of the Tank-in-Tank and SmartMix Bottle to make sure water/solution will come through when the "x" valve is depressed. Bladder or SmartMix bottle may be empty or the valve may be blocked internally.
- Check if the small rounded window tabs on the top edge of the Floor Nozzle Window are locked in their mating slots on the base of the machine and not inadvertently lifting the tank up out of place.
If these suggestions do not resolve your issue contact BISSELL Consumer Services for further assistance.
Mon-Fri: 8am to 10pm ET
Sat: 9am to 8pm ET
Posted on Aug 03, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Bissell powersteamer
BISSELL User's Guides can be downloaded at www.bissell.com
On the front page under Customer Service click on User's Guides and enter the model number of your unit.
User Guide will be displayed as a PDF file.
Posted on Oct 13, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 30, 2010 | Bissell 1697-7 Powersteamer Pro Deluxe...
Apr 10, 2010 | Bissell 1698 PowerSteamer ProHeat Upright...
Mar 27, 2010 | Bissell 1698 PowerSteamer ProHeat Upright...
Dec 04, 2009 | Bissell 1697-7 Powersteamer Pro Deluxe...
Nov 17, 2009 | Bissell 1699 ProHeat Clear View Upright...
Jul 02, 2009 | Bissell 1697-7 Powersteamer Pro Deluxe...
1,467 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: