Question about Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
This will clear your printer from displaying common printer errors like
U051 and U052. The importance of the "reset the cartridge"
procedure is to avoid the printer from detecting your cartridge as
reused one. The steps below is recommended to do after refilling an ink
1. Turn off your printer
2. Press and hold the STOP/RESET button
3. Press and hold Power ON button
4. While holding the Power ON button, release the STOP/RESET button
5. While holding still the Power ON button, press twice the STOP/RESET button
6. Release the Power ON button
7. Wait until it display an "idle" message. It will take about a minute.
8. When "idle" appear, open the top cover to expose the cartridges.
9. Lift up the cover for cartridge holder and take out both the black and color cartridges
10. Return the cover of cartridge holder and turn off the printer
11. Return the top cover and turn on the printer again
12. After the printer initialize, return the cartridges.
What happened when ink ran out from a refilled cartridge and the printer detected it?
The printer will display an error U162 or U163. All functions of the all-in-one printer will stop and your printer will not work. The next thing you will know is you are in the front of a computer shop and buy a genuine canon cartridge.
But wait, there is still a way to fix this. Reset it again using a different procedure. Reset the detections of reusable cartridge.
1. Turn off your printer an turn it on again
2. After the printer initialize try to copy or print. The error will appear.
3. When the error is displayed on the display panel of the printer, Press and Hold the STOP/RESET button and wait until it self restart.
4. Release the STOP/RESET button the the printer is restarting.
5. Wait for a few seconds and the pending print jobs will commence.
Let me know if this works with you
Please rate this solution. Thanks
Posted on Aug 22, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Hold the resume/reset button down for a fair few seconds and this usually overrides the message - it will make a sort of loud click sound when achieved.
Posted on May 02, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 23, 2016 | Canon PIXMA MX432 Wireless Office...
Nov 18, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
Nov 13, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
May 02, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
Apr 13, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
Oct 26, 2009 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 16, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
14,819 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: