The brightness menu keeps popping up without having touched the menu buttons on the front of the screen, this has been happening for about a week now. it keeps popping on and off every few secs, is there anything that can be done about this? nobody has touched the buttons on the front ever since its installation a few years back.
I know you said there were others that had the
same problem with the Main Menu coming up and I thought I would tell you
what I did to fix the problem.
1. I shut down the PC.
2. I removed the power cable and video cable from the back of the monitor.
3. I removed the four screws that hold the stand for the monitor and
slid the stand off.
4. I then removed the 5 screws that hold the back cover on the monitor.
5. I took two flat blade screw drivers and carefully removed the back
At the bottom of the monitor case, there is a small circuit board the
holds the 6 switches for controlling the display.
6. I located the button that calls up the Main Menu. It is the second
switch from the left as you are looking at the monitor from the rear.
7. I used a small solder iron and heated up the four prongs in sequence
while holding the switch with a pair of needle nose pliers. I had to
rotate this process from one prong to the other while all the time
applying slight pulling pressure on the switch pulling it away from the
8. Once the switch was removed, I put the cover back on and tightened
up the five screws.
9. Then I slid the base back in the slot it came from and tightened the
10. I connected the video and power cable and turned on the PC.
With the switch removed the Main Menu never popped up again and I am so
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.
Re: Brightness pops up
It may just be stuck , if you push the button does it click like the others, a little wd40 around the button , lightly, may unstick it. or you have to take the bezel off and see if the positioning is the issue.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Not sure if this is exactly the same as yours your model hard to find I had 2 similar monitors at previous employer and they both operated the same way
Taking a Look
1. Power Switch
Pressing this button turns the display system power on or off.
2. Menu/Select ? Pressing this button pops up the OSD menus on the screen, and used to
select ("Up" direction) the OSD control options on the screen.
? This button is used to select ("Down" direction) the OSD control options on
4. + This button is used to increase the value of the selected OSD control option.
5. 0 This button is used to decrease the value of the selected OSD control option.
Quick Adjustment Function
When the OSD Menu is not active, the following functions are available for the quick
Pressing ? button once pops up the OSD Function Main Menu .
Pressing ? button once pops up the small Brightness icon. Use +or 0button to adjust
the Brightness level.
Pressing + button once pops up the small Volume icon. Use +or 0 button to adjust the Volume level.
Sounds like the tactile switch is faulty. You know on a telly remote, you press the button to select the channel....well the switches on the monitor are the same. Behind the switch is a rubber contact which has a conductive contact which you must not clean( as such) it sounds like this is in permanent contact with the conductive elements inside it. As the switch is probably only 5mm x 5mm, it is a tricky DIY job to put a new tactile switch in, but easy for someone who does electronics.
The second button from the left on the bottom corner by the power button is the brightness button. If you press it the brightness menu is pop up on the screen. With the menu up you just use the three buttons on the left to select the function and the increase or decrease the brightness and contrast on the monitor. BuddyMc
This problem is usually caused due to a faulty microswitch in the brightness button. To rectify this, you'll have to change this switch.
Get your monitor serviced by a qualified service personnel.
Hope this solves your problem. For more help or clarifications, please reply. Thanks.
it is not a bad rom. if it was a rom it would constantly act up but it only acts up upon overheating. The solution is difficult but if you open the monitor you can find all of the heatsinks take them of and replace them with bigger ones. or have a fan blowing on it at all time it is active i added bigger heatsinks to my emachine le1799 and it solved this problem of pulling up menu and changing setting by itself and the lack of the ability to turn power of.