Question about Dell E171FPb 17" Flat Panel LCD Monitor
The brightness menu keeps popping up without having touched the menu buttons on the front of the screen, this has been happening for about a week now. it keeps popping on and off every few secs, is there anything that can be done about this? nobody has touched the buttons on the front ever since its installation a few years back.
I know you said there were others that had the
same problem with the Main Menu coming up and I thought I would tell you
what I did to fix the problem.
1. I shut down the PC.
2. I removed the power cable and video cable from the back of the monitor.
3. I removed the four screws that hold the stand for the monitor and slid the stand off.
4. I then removed the 5 screws that hold the back cover on the monitor.
5. I took two flat blade screw drivers and carefully removed the back cover.
At the bottom of the monitor case, there is a small circuit board the holds the 6 switches for controlling the display.
6. I located the button that calls up the Main Menu. It is the second switch from the left as you are looking at the monitor from the rear.
7. I used a small solder iron and heated up the four prongs in sequence while holding the switch with a pair of needle nose pliers. I had to rotate this process from one prong to the other while all the time applying slight pulling pressure on the switch pulling it away from the circuit board.
8. Once the switch was removed, I put the cover back on and tightened up the five screws.
9. Then I slid the base back in the slot it came from and tightened the four screws.
10. I connected the video and power cable and turned on the PC.
With the switch removed the Main Menu never popped up again and I am so very happy.
Posted on May 30, 2008
It may just be stuck , if you push the button does it click like the others, a little wd40 around the button , lightly, may unstick it.
or you have to take the bezel off and see if the positioning is the issue.
Posted on Apr 25, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 17, 2016 | Princeton Digital VL173 Monitor
Nov 24, 2013 | Sceptre NAGA II X20WG 20 inch LCD Monitor
Aug 07, 2013 | Dell E178FP 17 inch LCD Monitor
Feb 28, 2010 | ViewSonic VP920b 19" LCD Monitor
Aug 09, 2009 | Hannspree 28" Widescreen Flat-Panel LCD HD...
Jul 22, 2009 | ViewSonic VX2835wm Monitor
May 28, 2009 | Dell E172FP 17" LCD Flat Panel Monitor
Sep 15, 2008 | HP Pavilion F1503 15" LCD Flat Panel...
Apr 04, 2007 | Acer AC711B 17" CRT Monitor
215 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: