Question about Reebok 8700 ES Treadmill - Silver Service Delivery!
The machine is approximately 3 years old,,, I run 3 miles and walk 1.5 miles 3 to 4 times a week...I tried to tighten the belt, but that did not. Also I just moved the machine up stairs
* take nail polish or paint and place a mark starting on the front roller pulley and going onto the front roller metal shaft
* then try to walk on it and see if the white mark separates
* if it does then the roller is bad and would need replaced or tap screws placed through the pulley into the metal shaft to hold it in place
* if it doesn't separate then the drive belt is slipping and most likely will need replaced, although you could try spraying belt dressing on it to see if that would be a temporary fix.
* if neither of these is your problem and the walk belt is slipping then you will need to try to adjust the screws in the back of the treadmill through the end caps. these are allen wrench screws.
Tighten each one the same amount such as 1 full turn to start with.
see if you can now walk without it slipping.
If not then tighten 1-2 more turn on both sides.
If after 2-3 full turns it is not tight enough
I would recommend replacing the walk belt.
Hopefully this helps with your problem!
Posted on Aug 11, 2010
a 6ya Expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to an Expert (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 22, 2017 | Exercise & Fitness
Nov 25, 2013 | Life Fitness T5-0 Treadmill
Feb 03, 2013 | Precor Treadmill 9.21 9.21s 9.25 9.21si...
Aug 27, 2011 | Reebok Exercise & Fitness
Jul 14, 2011 | Spirit Esprit by ET-8 Folding Treadmill
Feb 10, 2011 | Nordic Track NordicTrack A2550 PRO...
Dec 14, 2010 | Proform 590T Treadmill
Mar 06, 2010 | HEALTHRIDER Pro H500i Exercise Workout...
Mar 04, 2010 | Proform 760 CrossTrainer Treadmill
Nov 25, 2009 | Reebok Vista Treadmill - RBTL13305
198 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: