Question about Canon PIXMA iP2000 InkJet Printer
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
For Canon ip1000 and ip1600, maybe others
1. remove cartridges
2. unplug AC power
3. hold power button and plug AC power (keep holding power button.
4. press resume 4 times
The waste ink counter should be reset by now
Posted on Nov 30, 2007
I have the same problem, but Jet Tec waste inks. When I first replaced black (pgi 5bk)-don't forget to place the small chip from the original cartridge to replacement; it worked fine. But now, it has a lot of problems because this **** printer from canon only want original inks (and the original are tooooooooo expensive). I'll never bought anything else from canon.
Posted on Mar 23, 2008
I tried a few times... I have done this alot to many different canon printers. This is what worked for me.
1. Unplug AC (and usb just for good measure)
2. Hold Start while plugging in...
3. While still holding Start press Resume twice.
4. This then allows for Removal of Ink Cartridges(if you are past the limit)... a very important step apparently.
5. Now repeat Step 1... Step 2
6. Now press the Resume 4 times (only blinks for 1st two presses !)
7. Should be ready...
Good luck. I was very happy when this worked for me.
Posted on May 05, 2008
SOURCE: waste ink absorber
This is the ink counter reset instructions:
1. Service mode: Menu->Scan->Copy->Scan( one at a time in sequence)
2.Select "test mode"
3.Select "(8) ETC
4.Select "(4) EEPROM CLEAR
5.Select "(1) INK COUNT
6. press the OK button
7. Press the STOP/RESET button(returns you to the TEST MODE sub-menu
8. Press the ON/OFF button (which resets the printer).
There you go.
Posted on May 27, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 07, 2016 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 23, 2013 | Canon MultiPASS MP730 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 19, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 20, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 22, 2017 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 01, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP1300 Printer
Nov 21, 2008 | Canon PIXMA iP1600 Printer
Mar 01, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP760 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 19, 2007 | Canon i9100 InkJet Photo Printer
33 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!