Question about Xerox Phaser 8500/8550 All-In-One Thermal Printer
I recently converted from 32-bit Vista to 64-bit Win 7 with a clean install. Win 7 recognized my Phaser 8500N PS, but I cannot print in color.
Went to Xerox website and downloaded recommended driver for 64-bit Win 7. It was version 5.48.30 and had a date of 10/29/07 - seems pretty old to me. I uninstalled the MS driver and ran the Xerox driver in Vista SP2 compatibility mode. It could not find the printer in IP mode (its connected with a USB cable) and failed to install.
So I'm stuck with the MS driver and can't print in color. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
- Phil -
To start from the beginning, i understand that you are running win7/64bit, usb connected. on base of this assumption we will try to solve your problem. by the way, i love this printer!
1. disconnect printer from usb port,
2. remove all instances of your printer and printer driver from your computer, run ccleaner to clean the junk including registry
3. download again your printer driver (it should be about 6.3mb, lite version which you most probably downloaded will not work!), just in case if previous download was corrupted, choose global english as a lingo.
5. unzip file to root directory or desktop, anywhere where you can find them easy.
6. connect your printer to the computer
7. right mouse click on "my computer"
8. left mouse click on "control panel home"
9. under "hardware and sound" left click on "view devices and printers", your printer should be there
10. 2x left click on the printer
11. 2x left click on "customize your printer"
12. left click on "advanced" tab
13 select "new driver"
14. select "have disk" and point search where you did unfold the drivers.
as this particular printer is part of build in microsoft printers, often microsoft is overriding your preferences and this process will allow you to use manufacturers settings not a microsoft.
after this your printer should be visible in printer folder as default. make test print,
if you find this solution useful, please do not hesitate to leave feedback and vote4 for me, if you do require additional help, please call back.
Posted on Aug 02, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 01, 2014 | Toshiba Satellite M305D-S4830 Notebook
Jul 22, 2011 | Broderbund The Print Shop Deluxe Version...
Feb 19, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Oct 28, 2010 | HP Photosmart 8450 InkJet Printer
Oct 27, 2010 | HP LaserJet 3050 Printer
Oct 27, 2010 | HP DeskJet F380 All-In-One Printer
Oct 27, 2010 | HP Laserjet M2727nf Multifunction Printer
Apr 08, 2010 | Dell Precision Workstation 490 - MT -...
Jun 09, 2009 | D-Link DU-562M Modem
Feb 24, 2009 | Xerox Phaser 8500/DN Printer
910 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: