Question about D-Link Computers & Internet
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
yes it does but what exactly is this it's your comp that's not connecting to your wireless network..so here try these steps...
first click start>click in start search>in that box type in services>it gives you an option of services on the same start menu at the top click on that...
it will take you to a new screen that says services at the top on that screen you need to scroll down at the bottom and look for wlan auto configuration rt click on it and click start if start is greyed out press restart....
close services down..
click start>click connect to form the start menu> and check it gives your network name in there .if it says anything like no network found in range. pls make sure that wireless switch on your laptop is turned on...
if still you're not able to connectr it's a concern with the drivers of wireless adapter on your comp genrally on new comps its quite common get the drivers reinstalled....
Posted on Feb 20, 2008
The following info. might help you fixing the above problem:
For WIRELESS CONNECTION follow these Steps:
(Note: Keep the Ethernet cable plugged in unless we set up
1: Click on Home Network
Click on Configure which is the 3rd last icon on the Top
Make sure that the option-Interface Enabled is ticked.
Channel selection should be ob Manuall.
Wireless channel can be 11( thats what is in my case).
Encryption is again depending on what type of sercurity you wants. I would suggest go for WPA.
After editing the above info. do not fail to note the KEY before clicking Apply
Now just enable the WIRELESS CONNECTION on your PC /
Pull the SSID of your router and Click connect.
It will ask for the WEP/WPA key?
Enter the key and Click connect.
Posted on Sep 11, 2008
1) First you need to check if the router is blocking mac address. Login to the DIR-625 by typing 192.168.0.1 on the address bar of IE.
Use admin for username and leave password blank or type in your password.
Go to Advance Tap, on the left click on Network Filter. Select Turn Off Mac filtering, click on save settings. wait for your to reboot. If that doesn work try option tow below.
2) What you need to do is Upgrade to the latest firmware on your router (Resolves 99% of all problems). Make sure you download the right firmware for there are two version of the DIR-625 ( Rev. A & Rev. C).
You'll also need to make sure you have the latest driver for the adapter since you have a newer computer.
Posted on Oct 03, 2008
SOURCE: I currently use a cable
No need to install the dlink on the imac. All you need to do is connect the modem first the dlink. (Modem connected to Internet or WAN port of the dlink). Now if they are connected, your imac should be plugged in to port 1 of dlink, and your PC to port 2. That should do it.
Posted on Dec 19, 2008
This is an intermittent wireless connection problem. If you have a cordless phone there, that's the main problem. If none, you need to change the wireless channel of your router to 11. You can do that by opening the router's admin page. If that didn't help, you need to update the router's firmware. Contact Dlink support for more details on how to update the router's firmware.
Posted on Apr 13, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 02, 2011 | D-Link DIR-600 Router
I was banging my head for 2 days with about 35 different configurations and finally tried the following and it worked just fine. Also, tried connecting 3 computers and they all connected with "NO" issues. Even connected wireless with "NO" issues. Now I am at 20mb download speed...J compared to AT&T 1.5mb download speed.
This is my DLINK model -> (DIR-601 Wireless N 150 Home Router Wireless router)
1. Reset your Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem by unplugging it for 5 minutes.
2. Then reset your DLINK Router to the manufactures default settings. Then Unplug DLINK Router for 1 minute then plug it back in (Just plug your cat5 cable into port 1 and connect it to your computer) there should not be anything else plugged into the DLINK Router at the time you make the changes. Just 1 computer can be connected.
3. Went into the DLINK configuration 192.168.0.1 and changed the PPPOE setting that I was using for my AT&T Modem to Dynamic IP (DHCP). Once you make the changes save them and then unplug your DLINK Router it's off.
4. Turn on Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem and wait until all lights are on. Now plug in a cat5 cable from the Surfboard Comcast modem (NOT A CROSSOVER CABLE LIKE THE CD INDICATES) to the INTERNET port of your DLINK Router. Now turn on your DLINK router.
5. Then turn on your computers or restart them and it will pick up IP Addresses from your DLINK Router
Jun 08, 2010 | D-Link Wireless N 150 Home Router 4Port...
Apr 29, 2010 | D-Link DIR-600 Router
Mar 06, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Nov 29, 2009 | D-Link Computers & Internet
Nov 12, 2009 | D-Link (DI-711) Router
May 06, 2009 | ASUS Eee Pc 1000Ha 160G Netbook
Jul 20, 2008 | D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G DI-624 Wireless...
Jan 11, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Nov 22, 2007 | Actiontec (GS204AD9-02) Router...
26 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!