Question about Toshiba Satellite P205D-S8804 Laptop
Bios is always risky update, and toshiba is very well known to stuff up they bios...
first advice, never, ever, update bios from inside of your operating system...
as your computer is already dead, try this method, i cannot recall if you have phoenix or amibios but should work on both:
1. remove power and battery from dead laptop
2. download again bios and unfold it, remember the folder, do not run it!
3. go to this folder and find file with suffix *.rom, rename it to amiboot.rom
4. copy amiboot.rom to usb drive
5. plug usb drive into usb port
6. press and hold fn+b, plug in power cord and press power button
7. if after few seconds you see screen flashing and toshiba logo then returns, you just saved your laptop and few dollars...
8. allow it to boot, switch off, re-insert the battery and use as before.
if this do not work, i am afraid tha tyou need to find some toshiba centre which will flash and re-program bios for your. do not get conned into replacing motherboard! there are non-toshiba repairers which charge between $30 and $100 to flash "dead" bios, toshiba for replacement motherboard want over $300.00
if you find my advice helpful, plese do not hesitate to leave comment and vote 4 fo rme, thanx!
Posted on Aug 01, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 30, 2012 | Acer VL460-UD4500C WINDOWS VISTA BUSINESS...
on Apr 06, 2011 | Computers & Internet
May 15, 2011 | Intel Motherboard
Mar 09, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jan 24, 2011 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Dec 14, 2010 | Lenovo G460 Laptop Computer 06774CU Intel...
Nov 03, 2009 | Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
May 30, 2009 | Acer Aspire™ T180 PC Desktop
Dec 31, 2008 | ASUS P4P800SE Motherboard
439 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: