Question about Brother HL 1440 Laser Printer
Brother 1440 Laser Printer: Drum, alarm, and data lights on--won't print
This unit might need resetting!
There's two ways to reset it
First: Soft Reset
1. Open front cover.
2. Hold down button located under LED's until all LED's are lit.
3. Release button and make sure drum LED is off, then
4. Close cover
Second: Factory Reset
1. Turn the printer off.
2. Hold in the circular button on the front panel of the printer.
3. Turn the printer back on.
4. When the DRUM light is lit by itself let go of the button.
5. Hold in the circular button on the front panel again.
6. Once the Alarm light comes on, let go of the button.
This will perform a factory reset on the printer.
I hope that's everything you want.
Please accept this answer if this will help you.
Thank you for using Fixya.
Posted on Nov 21, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 05, 2010 | Brother HL 1440 Laser Printer
Mar 31, 2010 | Brother HL 1440 Laser Printer
Sep 14, 2009 | Brother HL 1440 Laser Printer
Jun 19, 2009 | Brother HL 1440 Laser Printer
Apr 06, 2009 | Brother HL 1440 Laser Printer
Oct 29, 2007 | Brother HL 1440 Laser Printer
Aug 22, 2007 | Brother HL 1440 Laser Printer
Feb 02, 2016 | Brother HL 1440 Laser Printer
935 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!