Question about Sharp R-1405 / R-140 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Stopped working , heard a loud pop, now there is no heat

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    MVP:

    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.

    Sergeant:

    An expert that hasĀ over 500 points.

    Champion:

    An expert who has answered 200 questions.

  • Expert
  • 277 Answers

Depending on the age of the machine, either it is the power board,which is less expensive to replace or the magnatron, Usually it will be the power supply, but you will have to take it apart which is very easy

Posted on Jul 31, 2010

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Yesterday I started heating food in the microwave and immediately heard a loud popping noise. I stopped it to see if there was metal inside. which of course there wasn't any. It now won't heat and the...


There is an internal fuse but if you still have power on the display then likely the main transformer has failed and the cost to repair will likely exceed a replacement.

Aug 12, 2017 | Whirlpool GH7155XHS Microwave Oven

1 Answer

I have a GE SpacemakerXL microwave that stopped working after I heard a loud pop. Everything else works, but it does not heat anything. Help?


From the descriptions it likely the magnetron has failed. If you have a digital multimeter post me a comment and I will give instructions to do a rough test.

Jun 06, 2012 | GE Profile Spacemaker Over-the-Range...

1 Answer

Loud popping noise heard, everything works but no heat


It sounds like the magnetron has 'died'; however if you are lucky it may be the high voltage fuse. Do not attempt to repair this yourself as it is very dangerous - take it to a reputable repair shop. If it was a cheap model then it willprobably be cheaper to buy anew one!

Dec 28, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I heard a pretty loud pop on my Sharp R-1505 yesterday and the microwave stopped heating. Any ideas?


get rid of it your transformer blew out they are to costly to replace and potintialy dangerous to work on unless you are trained technican

Oct 08, 2009 | Sharp R-1505 Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Microwave popped and now does not heat


Okay, first we need to separate the situations. You were boiling water on the stove and had the range hood fan running to **** up the steam. Then you put something in the microwave to heat and you heard a pop and then zip-o.

The water on the stove has nothing to do with the situation, the fan you turn on is not part of the microwave, so it has nothing to do with the microwave.

The pop you heard and then the humming suggests the magnetron failed. You said you found a blow fuse and replaced it and still nothing, right? The magnetron is the most likely culprit...I would think it is safe to say that the magnetron shorted and drew enough current to blow the fuse.

Replace the magnetron and if that doesn't work, let me know here. Good Luck!

Sep 14, 2009 | Sharp R-1480 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Loud pop and microwave doesn't heat anymore


I have a GE Profile Spacemaker model JVM3670WF001, purchased I think in 2003. Pop sound, no Heat. Light goes on, carousel goes around,
Repair or new microwave

Jun 03, 2009 | GE Profile Spacemaker Over-the-Range...

1 Answer

Microwave made loud popping noise


The magnetron is bad. Probably cost about $50 or $60 for the part. Not too easy to replace, but it can be done.

Dec 13, 2007 | Whirlpool MH7130XE Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Will not heat


The loud pop was almost certainly the high voltage diode going bad. To find parts, I suggest you call the number on your owner's manual or check with the store where you bought it. Sunbeam may not make this part available, so be prepared. Maybe they have authorized servicers in your area. Ask them about that. Good luck.

Sep 21, 2007 | Sunbeam SMW777 Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Sharp R-1405 / R-140 Microwave Oven Logo

67 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Sharp Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9085 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

225 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

Are you a Sharp Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...