Question about Canon CanoScan 3000ex Flatbed Scanner
This error can be caused by many different issues. Try the following resolutions in order until your issue is fixed-
1. You should disconnect and reconnect the USB cable at both ends to ensure there is a secure connection on the device side as well as the computer side. It may also be necessary to try a different USB port on the computer. Additionally, you may need to disconnect other USB devices, temporarily, in order to determine if a conflict exists.
2. unistall and re-install drivers-
1. Place the CanoScan Setup CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive.
2. When the CanoScan Setup Utility menu appears, click the option to 'Uninstall the Software' and then follow the prompts.
3. Disable Third-party Software
Software applications that are active during installation can cause errors, installation difficulties and even abort the installation.*1 Close all running applications, including anti-virus programs, before installing Canon Software. You can also prevent these applications from starting through 'System Configuration Utility' (also referred to as 'msconfig') in Windows 98/Me, Windows XP and Windows Vista.
If your computer is part of an office network: Network permissions, security software, etc. may be interfering with proper communication. Please contact your System or Network Administrator before attempting to disable software on your system.
a. See your applications' documentation for instructions on how to close it.
b. If you are unable to locate the documentation or the application appears to be running after it is closed, disable the startup items in the Windows 'System Configuration Utility'.
c. If disabling startup items in 'msconfig' does not correct the issue, disable non-Microsoft related services in 'Services' tab of 'System Configuration Utility' window.
d. Attempt to install the Canon software (drivers). If the drivers were already installed, uninstall them (keep the third-party software disabled) and then reinstall the drivers.
e. After installation is complete, set 'msconfig' back to 'Normal Startup'.
Posted on Jul 31, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 28, 2013 | Canon CanoScan LiDE 25 Flatbed Scanner
Mar 01, 2011 | Canon CanoScan 3000F Flatbed Scanner
Feb 20, 2011 | Canon CanoScan LiDE 30 Flatbed Scanner
Dec 24, 2009 | Canon CanoScan FB620U Flatbed Scanner
Dec 23, 2009 | Canon CanoScan LiDE 25 Flatbed Scanner
Feb 26, 2009 | Canon CanoScan LiDE 25 Flatbed Scanner
2,133 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: