Question about Lenovo G550-29583AU Notebook
There's a possibility that the problem is with the HDD or just the Operating System. If its the HDD itself, you will have to replaced it or reimage it. But if its just the Operating system,what you can do is reinstall the Operating System using the One Key Recovery Sofware or the Recovery Disc that came with the computer. Follow these steps for you to be able to reinstall the Operating System using the One Key Recovery.
1. Turn off the computer.
2. Press the little button near the power button, it usually do have a drawing of an icon that looks like a horse shoe or a headset.
3. There will be a window that will appear which do have three option, One Key Antivirus, One Key Recovery and System Setup. Choose One key Recovery.
4. There will be another window that will appear which do have two option, Restore from initial backup and Restore from user backup,Choose Restore from initial back up
5. It will asked you if you want to continue, Just click on OK or YES.
6. Once done, Reboot the computer.
For Recovery Disc,
1. Insert the disc inside the drive.
2. Turn off the computer then turn it back on and keep on tapping F12
3. There will a window that will appear which do have three options, HDD,ODD/DVD/CD, and NAT, choose ODD/DVD/CD
4. It will asked you to press any key immediately, you will need to press any key immediately so that it will boot from ODD.
5. It will asked you to choose a partition, choose Disc 0 partition 1
6. Reboot computer once done.
I hope this information will be helpful. Thank you for using FixYa...
Posted on Feb 25, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 05, 2013 | Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3 Netbook
Sep 03, 2013 | Lenovo Computers & Internet
Nov 01, 2012 | Toshiba Computers & Internet
Jul 29, 2012 | Lenovo ThinkPad T42 Notebook
May 10, 2011 | Lenovo Computers & Internet
Mar 14, 2011 | Lenovo ThinkPad T61 Notebook
Sep 16, 2010 | Lenovo IdeaPad S10e Notebook
68 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: