Just so everyone knows, I have BB Curve 8310 with AT & T.
You get 1 blackberry email account (in my case, it's firstname.lastname@example.org
If you're like me, you have business, personal, etc accounts that you
want to add without getting 20-30 minute delays before the email hits
Let's say you have 2 emails you want to set up (1 for your business and 1 personal). Let's say your business POP3 email is email@example.com
1) Create a username with your ATT BB address (let's say, firstname.lastname@example.org
2) In your POP3 email settings, choose to "redirect" or "forward and
save a copy in Inbox" and forward your emails to your ATT BB address
(email@example.com) you've just created. This will help
get your emails to your BB pretty much instantaneously. And emails will
be kept in your inbox for you to reference as well.
3) Log into your providers BIS (short for Blackberry Internet Service).
** Can't post a link but you can just Google your providers name
followed by Blackberry Internet Service and you should find it
4) Once you're logged in, from there you can set up your account.
• Email Account Name: put your ATT BB address in there
• Reply To: This is where you can put any email address you want. So, even though you're sending the email from firstname.lastname@example.org
, the user will see whatever email address you put in this field. So, in this case, you want to put email@example.com
. So, the user will see it came from firstname.lastname@example.org
and when replying, they will reply to email@example.com
(which is then forwarded to your ATT BB email, which is then forwarded to your BB).
• Auto BCC: The only problem with doing this (and I run into this a
lot) is that since I'm sending out so many emails - some from BB and
some from my office computer, I don't know what I sent to people, and
without an Enterprise server, it is not automatically synched with my
desktop in my office. What you can do here is set up a Gmail account
and name it firstname.lastname@example.org
and any email you send from your BB will be sent to this email address as well so you know what you sent people.
• Signature: You can change your signature for each of your email accounts (business, personal, whatever), which is great.