Question about PC Chips P53G v1.0 Motherboard
BIOS boots itself. If it doesnt, I don't think you can actually detect this straight away.
When you turn on the computer, the BIOS preforms a POST (Power On Self Test). After successfull POST, BIOS turns the system over to the Operating System which then starts up everything. If it is as you said, there is no POST (and consequently, no report (a report would be a series of beeps)) If this is the case, you need a repacement board.
Posted on Jul 31, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 16, 2015 | Computers & Internet
on Jan 19, 2012 | VIA Epia M10000 Motherboard
on Jan 24, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Apr 27, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Jan 22, 2013 | ASUS Computers & Internet
Jun 17, 2011 | Computers & Internet
3. In between the video chip and the keyboard connector you will see a set of 4 dip switches (circled in yellow in the picture above).
4. Move switch 1 ,up.
5. Re-start the laptop and press Ctrl+F2 simultaneously as it boots, this will get you into the BIOS.
6. Set the BIOS password to disable and press Enter.
7. The machine will ask you if you want to Exit and Save the Changes, click Yes.
8. It will then boot into Windows. Re-start the computer and if there is no password then you can proceed to step 9. If there is still a BIOS password then you must repeat steps 1-8 until the password is removed.
9. Back at the mainboard, push the switch at the number 1 slot down, back to its original position.
10. Re-start the laptop.
11. The Acer BIOS password should now have been removed and the machine should now boot straight into Windows.
If you need more help come back.Post /
thumbs / testimonial are
Nov 23, 2010 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Jun 10, 2010 | PC Chips (M925G) Motherboard
Aug 17, 2018 | The Computers & Internet
Aug 17, 2018 | Smart Computers & Internet
522 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: