Question about Kenmore Dishwashers
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
How deep do you want to get into this?It sounds like the wash pump motor bearings that are worn.You can pull the unit out flip it over and wd40 the bearings in the motor or you can replace the bearings.Try to lube them first.
Posted on Feb 24, 2008
Please clean filter in the bottom of the machine.
Even can clean out the pump. than start a wash empty and as soon as it has filled up put 3 cups of vinegar in the machine. Let it run on hot.
this should fix the problem
Also please take out the arms and make sure all the holes are not obstructed.
This is a simple way of cleaning but effective
Posted on Apr 26, 2008
I had the same problem with by Kemore Ultrawash after two years. The motor bearing went bad because the seal went out and dish water got to the bearing. If you are handy, this motor comes out after taking the dishwasher out. I was surprised how easily the motor came apart from the dishwasher, a good design. The motor has three screws that holds it together, I took them out and took the motor apart.
I took the old beaing off the shaft with a grinder, careful not to groove the motor shaft. I did, but just put some high temp silicone caulk in the groove before I put the new bearing on the shaft. I bought a new bearing on the internet, it is a 22mm x 8mm x 7mm. I bought one that went in a small engine, a quality one. I placed it on the shaft, put the motor back together and put the dishwasher back together. It has run quiet and great for many weeks now. I expect the dishwasher may last many years now, because the bearing I took out was a cheap aftermarket one, and the new one is vastly superior in quality.
Good luck and fire away with any questions. I love this dishwasher and am glad I could fix it for 19$ and some of my time.
Posted on Nov 08, 2008
I have a Quiet Guard 4. Same problem so will describe my solution.
1. Remove bottom basket. Remove top basket.
2. Remove bottom washing arm. Unscrew (Gently but firmly) the centre post. Lift arm assembly up and out.
3. Remove overhead conduit. One screw at back, one at top (Philips #2 bit). Rotate whole assembly 45 deg right (Clockwise) and lift off of centre post.
4. Remove centre post (Pull straight up). Remove 4 screws (Star T-20 bit). Lift whole assembly out. Pop off screen and clean.
5. Remove cap over cutter/chopper. There is a single screw at front left (under assembly removed in 4). Remove screw (Star T-15 bit) and cap (Needs some wiggling to free it up). Remove cutter and filter. It is on a spring loaded pin. Pull the cutter blade foreward and then the filter disc straight up. Clean thoroughly as it may be the cause of your problems.
Reassimble. Good luck!
Posted on Jan 02, 2009
Hope everything goes well for you,
Posted on Feb 03, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 23, 2012 | Dryers
Oct 01, 2012 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Mar 04, 2010 | Kenmore 22422 Top Load Washer
Feb 21, 2010 | Kenmore 63942 Dryer
Dec 10, 2009 | Kenmore Dryers
Jul 24, 2009 | Kenmore 64902 Electric Dryer
Jul 05, 2009 | Kenmore Dryers
Mar 24, 2009 | Kenmore 55612 / 55614 / 5561 / 655619 Side...
Feb 02, 2008 | Dishwashers
64 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: