Question about Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Welcome to FixYa.
The "F21" on your model of washer indicates the machine has detected a fault or obstruction in the drain process, hence it cannot spin correctly either.
Chances are the pump is being obstructed by debris or some other foreign object.
Here`s how to check it and clean it...
**Turn off the breaker at the service panel or unplug the washer from the wall socket...safety first**
1) locate the screws in front at the very bottom of the panel below the door and pull the panel down and forward until it is off. They will be either 1/4" hex head or #20 torx head screws.
2) You will immediately see the drain pump in front of you with a large removeable filter. ( this is were a shop vac and towels come in handy, also the use of the removed panel as a catch pan is beneficial...but you may still get wet )
3) Turn it counter-clockwise should allow you to remove it and inspect it and clean it out. Make a good thorough inspection inside the pump as well not just the removeable filter.
4) Re-insert the filter and before placing the panel back run a test rinse/drain cycle to inspect for leaks and to varify the unit drains and spins now.
( If the problem still exist`s the "F21" will re-appear. If so you`ll need to check the drain hose, hose from pump to tub for other obstructions ).
5) If all appears OK after your efforts, well your efforts paid off...pat yourself on the back. You just saved yourself potentially a hundred bucks !
Now You should be good to go. Re-attach the lower panel and you`re back in business.
Let me know how it goes and if you require further assistance.
Thanks for choosing FixYa. Please take a moment to rate the solution provided for you here today.
Posted on Jul 31, 2010
Thank you Thank you!!! I did what you said to do and it worked. I found a sock and a bra wire that was plugging it. Very easy to fix.
Posted on Aug 09, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 21, 2015 | Audio Players & Recorders
Apr 25, 2015 | Bosch Washing Machines
Apr 06, 2013 | Washing Machines
Sep 03, 2012 | Miele Washing Machines
Jul 05, 2011 | Nikon Controller Power Pack AS 14 for SB...
Dec 30, 2010 | Nintendo GameCube Console
Feb 26, 2010 | Amana NAV3330AW Top Load Washer
Sep 08, 2009 | Indesit Washing Machines
Sep 06, 2009 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Nov 19, 2015 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
181 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: