Question about Computers & Internet
No, i do not think it is dying... but i think it is infeced with some nasty... for future reference, you need to state what operating system and what model of the computer, dell is making over 500 models over the years, telepathy do not work very well... i assume you have some variant of windows
re-start computer in safe mode with networking enabled, download any on line virus checker and run it... it can take some hours before it finishes. follow that procedure.
1. switch off computer - leave for at least 20sec
2. switch on and repeatedly click f8, you will have selelction screen
3. select safe mode with networking
4. log as an administrator, is screen still cloudy? was screen cloudy during boot up? if it is cloudy all the time, there maybe something wrong with videocard or with monitor. let assume that it is clear:
5. go to http://www.eset.com/online-scanner and download they free scanner
6. install and run the scanner, follow instructions
7. download and run ccleaner, remove all junk and clean your startup as well as registry.
8. repeat step 1 to 4
9. go to http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php and download they free version, install and run it, follow instructions
10. repeat step 1 to 4
11. go to http://www.microsoft.com/security/malwareremove/default.aspx and download and run they malware scanner.
12. switch off computer and wait 20 sec, start and use normally.
if this is not a software problem, then follow this procedure:
1. borrow known working monitor and check quality of the display, is cloudy?
2. connect your monitor to another computer, is cloudy?
3. if yes is in first instance, your computer is responcible, if yes is in second instance, your monitor is responcible.
as you did not stated what model and operating system, i cannot provide more detailed advice. advice given is correct for virtually all computers with similar problem in existence...
if you find my help useful, please do not hesitate to vote for me.
Posted on Jul 31, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 07, 2015 | Dell Computers & Internet
May 15, 2014 | Dell Vostro 200 PC Desktop
Sep 09, 2012 | Dell OptiPlex 780 PC Desktop
Jun 20, 2012 | Dell U2410 24 inch Monitor
Mar 10, 2012 | Dell Dimension 5150 (DIM515MIN) PC Desktop
Feb 18, 2011 | APC Back-UPS ES 350 - UPS ( external ) -...
Aug 07, 2010 | Dell Dimension 9200 PC Desktop
Nov 14, 2009 | HP Pavilion MX50 15" CRT Monitor
Aug 15, 2009 | Dell OptiPlex 740 PC Desktop
Feb 03, 2009 | Computers & Internet
96 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!