Question about Jet JWBS-16B 708749B 16-inch Bandsaw
I love bandsaws, they are one of best and most universal woodworking machines, used as well in food and metal industries.
now, what you should know about bandsaw that it have several points of regulations and all of them must be adjusted correctly. basic "anatomy" of bandsaw is that it have body, in it there is driving wheel (bottom) and tension wheel (top), both of these are protected by rubber "tyre" usually crowned, that allow for bette adjustment and protect teeth on the band.
start with tension, open covers, retract top (above the table) and bottom (below the table) guides so blade is not touching the rear bearing or side slides.
1. rotate top wheel and see where blade is wandering, regulate tension and tilt on the wheel till band position itself on the centre of the top wheel and cuttin edge is off the wheel or rubber and do not touch the wheel or raiser.
2. cut strip of paper and slide top guide towards the blade till bearing touch blade through the paper (paper thickness is about correct distance of bearing to the blade), allowing paper to be slided out without tension. lock it in.
3. insert paper on internal side of the blade and slide internal slide guide block till you can only pull the paper out, lock the slider.
4. repeat previous operation on external guide block and after you slide paper out, lock it in position.
5. manually rotate the tension wheel, should operate freely, without wandering
6. repeat step 2 to 5 on the bottom guide
7. close the covers
8. adjust hight of the guide suitable to cut , allowing about 2 finger breaths above the cut piece.
9. switch on the bandsaw and switch off, after it stop, check for tension, switch on and make test cut.
this general rule applies to all bandsaw, regardless of brand, make, vintage. do remember that this is not a toy, it will cut through, wood, metal and your fingers...
do remember, that these operations must be performed every time when you change the blade, to not forget to use bit of silicone or teflon spray if you cut very sappy or green wood, do not press and force, use protection screen and googles, you have only two eyes and there are no spares...
Posted on Jul 30, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 06, 2014 | Saws
Check this blog first. Are you installing a new blade? If the blade is running backwards, you just have to reverse it, turn inside out. Try watching the Alex Snodgrass' Youtube video Band Saw Tune Up .
Oct 17, 2013 | Craftsman 12 x 80" Band Saw Blade 6 tpi...
Mar 27, 2013 | Shop Fox Metal Cutting Band Saw 7in. x...
Feb 18, 2013 | Craftsman 113.243300 & 113.243311 12" Band...
May 01, 2011 | Craftsman Saws
Apr 03, 2011 | Jet 707200 10Inch Band Saw
Sep 23, 2010 | Craftsman 12 Tilt Head Band Saw Owner...
Jun 14, 2010 | Craftsman 12 x 80" Band Saw Blade 6 tpi...
May 21, 2010 | Craftsman Horizontal Band Saw 5x6,...
Jan 03, 2010 | Saws
Aug 17, 2018 | Ryobi Saws
436 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: