Question about Fisher and Paykel IWL12 Top Load Washer
Won't spin, lid locked indicator flashes and alarms
To solve the beeping and lid lock light flashing and the machine not doing a spin dry. Do the following.
I have a SIMPSON EZI SENSOR 8Kg top loader. This is what I did.
WARNING HIGH VOLTAGE. switch the power off and unplug the machine.
DO NOT do this if you are not familiar with working with high voltages.
To get access to the lid lock switch,
1. Remove 2 screws at the rear of the washer.
2. Remove 2 screws at the front of the machine located under the lid and covered by small round plastic plugs.
The top cover can now be raised gently from the front.
3. Remove the 2 screws that hold the lid switch.
4. Remove the clear plastic cover from the lid switch.
5. DANGER HIGH VOLTAGE ( Verify that power is off)
6. Find 2 blue wires these go to a magnetic reed switch (25mm long 3mm Diameter).
Cut the blue wires and discard the reed switch. insulate the ends of the blue wires and push them back into the track in different directions so there is no possibility that they can make contact with each other.
7. Find 2 white wires these go to a set of contacts that are mechanically closed by the solenoid.
8. Pull out the contacts and the 2 white wires.
9. Cut the white wires at the contacts, strip 5mm of plastic off the wires and twist them together, The wires will have corrosion, clean them with sand paper, they must make good contact. I recommend that you solder them together.
10. Insulate them and push them back into the track.
11.Reassemble starting with fitting the clear plastic cover.
Your good to go BUT BUT BUT,
The Lid safety protecting during the spin dry cycle will no longer function,
So don't do this if you need the safety of the lid closed during the spin cycle.
Remove 2 screws at the back of the machine
Posted on Feb 05, 2012
Did you fix this, Leila Bell?
Also having this problem with Simpson EZI sensor 802 model washing machine. This type of error message (flashing lid lock plus beeping) is not in the manual. I suspected blockage (a sock?) so checked connection of drain hose with bottom of machine, but nothing there. May try taking the back off and looking into the pump.
Better if someone has an easier approach.
Posted on Oct 14, 2010
Hey to joe f. Just wondering if I use your solution to my problem.
My problem is when I press start the water temp just keep beeping. It had done it before so I stopped using the machine for 5 months then tried the machine and it worked for about 3 months now has done it again and will not go back :( just wondering if your solution will fix this? Thanks heidi
Posted on Oct 16, 2012
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 17, 2017 | Simpson Washing Machines
Nov 07, 2016 | Washing Machines
Jan 20, 2014 | Washing Machines
Jun 11, 2012 | Simpson Washing Machines
Feb 26, 2012 | Washing Machines
Sep 09, 2011 | Washing Machines
Mar 22, 2011 | Washing Machines
5,297 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!