1. First of all make sure that you are using an approved wall charger of Samsung Company. Because charging accessories of other brands may have different voltage parameters and may cause Samsung Galaxy S5 not charging issue
2. Plugged in your Samsung Galaxy S5 with an original Samsung Mobile charger, but do not turn on your phone. Sometimes it may take little longer to charge the phone. After you phone starts charging, a charging icon should appear on screen. But if you see nothing is appearing on screen, then Samsung Galaxy S5 not charging issue
is occurring either for damaged charging cable or there is some problem on your phone such as the charging port is damaged or bent, or the charging contacts on your phone is not cleaned.
3. To check the charger, charge another Samsung phone using the same charger and see if it is charging. If the other phone is charging well, then the charger is fine. Now you should check your phone.
Samsung Galaxy S5 not charging issue
3. Check the charging port on your Galaxy S5. To check the charging port, take a light, magnifying glass and a pointed wooden toothpick. Then see if the charging port is in the center and not bent. If you find the port is bent, then straight it using the wooden toothpick carefully.
3. Also verify the charging contacts are clean. Sometimes dirt gets stored into the charging port and occurs Samsung Galaxy S5 not charging issue
. So Insert a small needle in the charging port and clean carefully so that the port does not get bent or damaged.
4 Download Galaxy Charging Current,
to see if your phone is charging at it's maximum potential
How to fix Samsung Galaxy S5 not charging issue
- Try a different charger with Samsung mobile origin.
- Try a different USB Cable and charge by Kies.
- Try charging it off via PC/Laptop.
- Try removing the battery for 3 minutes, let it cool down and then charging again.
- Blow inside the USB port and fix the contacts if it's bent.
- Reboot your phone several times.
- Download the battery charging electrical current app to monitor charging
(Note:Samsung Logo/images/Pictures has a respective copyright. I used it for demonstration purpose only.
If something in your mind to comment or suggest, please let us know. In our efforts to provide detailed information, there is possibility of inaccurate contents. If you see any mistake or incomplete in our information, please don't hesitate to tell us. We will fix it immediately as soon as possible.