Question about Whirlpool Washing Machines
Thanks for using FixYa. Error F35 and Suds means Analog Pressure Sensor Failure- which means that there is a malfunction of the component detected by the Steamer Electronic Board.
1. Check that the pressure hose is fixed correctly.
2. Check that the air trap is not blocked.
3. Check that the hose is not blocked
If still the issue is not resolved then it is an issue with the water level pressure switch operation and there is a blockage in the air dome or pressure switch hose. The air dome is located on the back of the tub on the left hand side. If the pressure switch hose and the air dome are clear of any blockages, then there is an issue with the water level pressure switch. Please do accept the solution if the issue is resolved or else post a comment for further assistance.
Posted on Jul 29, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 13, 2015 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Dec 06, 2013 | GE WBSE2090A Top Load Washer
Oct 31, 2013 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Jan 07, 2011 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Dec 28, 2010 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
If suds are detected continuously by the pressure switch during the drain or spin phases, the washer will fill 4 liters of water and during 5 minutes the unit will rest without tumbling, the water will be drained and it will try to spin or drain again.
• If too much detergent was used:
- Run the unit through a RINSE/SPIN cycle.
- Run a NORMAL cycle without adding any detergent,
• This should clear the unit of the excess detergent.
1. Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or kinked.
2. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
3. Check wire harness connections to the drain pump, pressure switch, and Central Control Unit (CCU).
4. Check/clean drain pump filter of foreign objects.
5. Plug in washer or reconnect power.
6. Check drain pump.
7. Check the pressure switch.
8. Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic Test or any cycle.
Nov 30, 2010 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
During Drain Routine
During the Drain Routine, the water level is checked continuously. Normal drain will occur until the
pressure switch senses no water in the wash tub and there is no foam (suds). The drain pump will
operate an additional 15 seconds after the pressure switch reports no water or foam.
If the drain routine operates for four (4) minutes and the pressure switch senses any foam (suds) in
the wash tub, the Central Control Unit will start the "Kill-Foam" Routine. (See description of this
Routine below.) After the Kill-foam Routine is concluded, the Drain Routine will restart. If, after
four (4) minutes the pressure switch still senses foam in the wash tub, the Central Control Unit will
go into Failure Mode. The digital display will show, F02.
During Spin (Extract) Routine
During the Spin/Extract Routine the water level is checked continuously. If, during this routine, the
pressure switch senses the presence of foam (suds) in the wash tub, the Central Control Unit will
stop the drive motor and the basket will stop spinning. The electronic control will count the number
of spin repetitions that are attempted due to foam (suds). There are a maximum of three (3)
attempts for each Spin/Extract Routine.
1. The Remaining Time counter is stopped.
2. The digital display shows Sud.
3. The Drain Pump is turned OFF.
4. The Central Control Unit will fill the wash tub with 1 gal. (4 L) of cold water.
5. While the tub is filling the basket will tumble 1 sec. ON/15 Sec. OFF.
6. Once the tub is filled, the drive motor will turn OFF and the basket will rest without any
movement for five (5) minutes.
7. After the five (5) minute rest, the remaining time counter will restart and the digital display
will show the remaining time left in the routine.
NOTE: If the Kill-Foam routine was initiated during a Spin/Extract Routine, the tumbling action
will be reduced to a cycle of 3 sec. ON/13 sec. OFF. If, at the end of either the Drain or Spin/
Extract Routines, a suds condition still remains, the digital display will show Sud.
Sud will also be displayed for a short period at the end of a cycle, if a Suds condition was
detected during the cycle. This will alert the consumer to reduce the amount of detergent in
Oct 07, 2010 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
SUDS LOCK (Overdose of Detergent detected during the Wash Cycle)
The motor control unit senses a suds lock condition by analyzing the current draw on
the drive motor. If "Sud" is displayed a potential suds lock is detected. This may
signify a bad pump, an extra heavy load, excessive detergent, or excessive suds.
DISPLAY EXPLANATION AND RECOMMENDED PROCEDURE
6 - 7
• If too much detergent was used, run the unit through a Rinse/ Spin cycle then a
Normal cycle without adding any detergent. This should clear the unit of the
• Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or kinked
• Check Wire Harness connections to the Drain Pump, Pressure Switch, and
Central Control Unit (CCU)
• Check/ Clean Drain Pump Filter of foreign objects
• Check Drain Pump
• Check the Pressure Switch
• Check CCU
Oct 07, 2010 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Jan 10, 2009 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Oct 28, 2006 | Whirlpool Duet 3.8 cu. ft. Front Load...
Sep 21, 2018 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
14 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!