Question about Daewoo KOG-867T Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave not heating

During an electrical storm we had a power surge. Our microwave (above stove type) will not heat now. Everything else works, clock, lights, etc., except the high fan setting. Low fan works ok. Can the microwave be saved or is it trashed? We just bought it in October, 2009.

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 415 Answers

It can be saved but get a quote from the shop first before proceeding and always evaluate it against the cost of a new one,
it could be the power supply has shorted but check it out.

Posted on Jul 29, 2010

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

I have a Kenmore over-the-stove microwave oven that is not heating food. Everything else works. I received a message of PF on the keypad. Is there anything I can do before I have to call a repair...


PF - Power Failure - PF error code indicates a power failure during the cycle.
Press and HOLD start to continue the cycle, or press off/pause to clear display.

Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question

Apr 13, 2010 | Kenmore 62702 Microwave Oven

2 Answers

I have the Kenmoore Microwave Hood 721.80402. During this last wave of storms, I was without power for 2 days. Once the power was restored, the microwave will not work. Everything is plugged in and the...


You might try pulling the plug on the unit and leaving it overnight. The electronics may have locked up due to irregular voltage during the failure. There may also be a GFI (ground fault interrupter) on that circuit that has tripped for the same reason. Check the kitchen outlets for a tripped GFI.

Feb 14, 2010 | Kenmore 62622 Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Does everything but heat food.


Sounds like the magnatron tube or it's fuse.

Aug 11, 2009 | Kenmore 80809 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Lost heat on microwave ,everything else works fine simple fix?


Inexpensive fix yes, but quite dangerous as you have to either replace the High voltage Diode or the magnetron depending on what has gone. Most often it is the Diode as that is fed a few thousand volts and anomolies such as a surge in current cause it to blow(popping sound) You can also check the fuses and if lucky it is just a fuse, but a fuse very seldomly just blows as it points to an underlying fault such as magnetron , capacitor or Diode. Have a service man attend to it unless you know what you are doing as you are dealing with lethal voltages and current even after the microwave has been switched off.

Aug 01, 2009 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Need to know how to remove Advantium 120 convection/microwave oven Model SCA1000DWW03 from mounting above stove so that it can be taken to repair shop - problem is completely dead after power surge during...


Usually there are 3 or 4 mounting bolts located in the floor of the cabinet above. First you will have to disconnect the power and then the duck work if the unit is ventde to the outside. To remove the unit requires two people, one to support the unit and the other to remove the bolts. If you are doing it alone, quite difficult, you'll have to juryrig a deadman support. Ther is a wall plate behind the unit that has a lip that the back bottom of the microwve is locked into. After the bolts are removed slowly lower the front until you are able free the unit from the lip of the support plate.

Jun 28, 2009 | GE Advantium 120 Convection/Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Power out on Whirlpool over-the-stove microwave


Yes, There are fuses inside the keyboard panel. I would have to take a look at the manual for the specific model you have to identify the easiest way to check the fuse.
Before you go that far check above the hood and see if you can locate the plug end of the microwave. Most installations have a dedicated receptacle above the exhaust vent and microwave. It is usually a space too small for good storage so most housewives store small items and cookbooks in this space. It is usually the culprit for a microwave suddenly going out without someone placing metal inside the oven and heating it.
Heating a metal object or operating a microwave for an extended time will usually blow the fuse.

r_craig@basicisp.net

Jan 06, 2009 | Bosch HMT9626GB Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Everything works except the cooking part/no heating/turntable not turning, help!


you may have gotten a power surge and that can cause some funny things to happen, 1st is there power to the oven, 2nd if so there may be an internal fuse protector built in to the oven, check with the manual for anything of that sort listed. if not you may have to take it in and have it repaired by a pro. there is a lot of voltage in these ovens and unless you know what you are doing a person could get hurt

Jan 03, 2009 | Whirlpool GH4155XP Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Maytag above the stove microwave not working


Hi,
Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with your Microwave Oven....

Microwave Oven Basic Troubleshooting Tips
http://www.fixya.com/support/r5508031-microwave_oven_basic_troubleshooting

heatman101

Apr 14, 2008 | Maytag MMV5165 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave does not heat/cook


hi

power spikes are very damaging to a microwaves internal parts, it sounds like your transformer and/or magnetron are blown. if the unit is out of warranty I would recommend calling a repairman or getting a new microwave (the transformer & magnetron are expensive and dangerous to work on) also get a small single plug surge protector for the new one.

Mar 21, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

No power...


If the stove was on without the hood fan's being on, it could have put too much heat in the "innards" of the microwave. It may have opened the thermostat or thermal fuse located inside - either on the chassis of the microwave or or the magnetron. It will look something like the one in the attached photo. For helpful exploded view diagrams and to order any needed parts, you can visit the GE parts Web site or the Sears parts Web site at http://www.geappliances.com/shop/prts/ or http://www3.sears.com/ (the 3 is correct) In my profile, you can find a link to my site, where you can find critical safety & disassembly tips. Post back if you need more help.

Dec 23, 2006 | GE JVM1660 Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Daewoo KOG-867T Microwave Oven Logo

188 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Daewoo Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9098 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

Ian Summerfield
Ian Summerfield

Level 3 Expert

502 Answers

Are you a Daewoo Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...